― twenty three.

Start from the beginning

"w-what are you talking about? this face has only brought me bad luck." she mumbled. iseul shook her head in disagreement, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"no, you have people around you who love you dearly, who would do anything to see you smile," she pointed out, smiling softly as she stared at her with fondness. "your energy shines and brings those people together, there's more to it than just what's on the surface." she continued.

"does that include you too?" gowoon questioned.

"of course!" iseul agreed, looking at her as if she had asked a ridiculous question.

"then," gowoon hummed, seeming to scheme something. "let me bring you and my brother together." she grabbed hold of iseul's hand, a pleading look on her face as iseul stared at her in surprise.

"w-what are you talking about?" the girl stuttered, trying to hide her blushing cheeks behind her hair. "i don't know what you're trying to scheme, but the last thing han seojun needs on his place is me." she rolled her eyes, trying to hold back her curses, knowing that gowoon was still his sister. "how could someone so cute be related to something so... evil?" iseul sighed, shaking her head in disappointment.

"come on," gowoon whined, squeezing her hand. "just give him a chance, i promise you won't regret it!" iseul sighed, she didn't like this matchmaking gowoon was so desperately forcing onto her, but she was just too cute to say no to.

"fine."

-

"i am so sorry." gowoon mumbled, but iseul didn't really process it as both girls watched han seojun dancing in just his boxers and bath robe, unaware of their presence as he had his back to them. 

"okey dokey yo...―" seojun made direct eye contact with the girl as he finally turned around towards the pair. after what felt like forever of standing as still as a statue, everyone wishing the situation to just disappear, seojun finally cleared his throat.

"please, put some clothes on." gowoon begged, clearly embarrassed of her sibling as she wished that it was just a bad dream. although inner iseul was lowkey fangirling over seojun's body, unable to tear her gaze away ― what? she was still a woman at the end of the day. 

"oh," seojun seemed to finally snap out of it, flicking his hair that was still wet from his shower. "you guys are home?" he questioned, playing it off as if this was perfectly normal. continuing to dance, he made his way back to his bedroom, iseul finally coming back to reality as she turned to gowoon who was shaking her head in shame.

"it's okay." iseul chuckled, patting the girl's back. although her flushed cheeks said otherwise as she couldn't erase the image of seojun out of her head.

"of all days," gowoon mumbled. "he makes it so hard to be his wing woman." iseul chuckled, shaking her head.

"it's okay, seriously, we all have siblings like that." she assured.

"do you have siblings, unnie?" iseul was taken by surprise, realising she had no idea what she was talking about. although she did have a best friend who was equivalent to that. someone that she saw as a brother had changed now. 

"no, but something similar?" iseul shrugged, trying to change the subject. 

luckily for her, seojun had appeared, clearing his throat as he stood by the wall. "when did you get here?" he questioned, avoiding her gaze as he tried to hide himself. "wait, did you see this happen? is that why you came?" he questioned, trying to whisper it privately even though gowoon was right in front of them.

"i told you," iseul huffed, glaring at him. "i haven't seen this far, how was i supposed to know this would happen?"

"you read the manhwa, didn't you?" seojun argued, pouting his lips.

"what are you guys talking about?" gowoon cut off the both of them, glancing between the pair. iseul smiled, shaking her head.

"nothing," she quickly changed the subject. "i should get going, it's getting late." standing up from the sofa, gowoon followed suite as she walked out the older girl to the door. 

"wait, it's dark, seojun oppa will walk you home." however, iseul was quick to decline.

"it's fine, i can get my driver to pick me up." she assured, however, gowoon wasn't going to give up that easily. 

"it's okay," shoving the boy towards iseul who was already outside. "he insists." she added before shutting the door, seojun not processing what had just happened and being shut out before he could say anything. 

"it's fine, i can get home..." iseul trailed off when seojun was already walking ahead of her, clearly not taking no as an answer. with a sigh, the girl followed after him, walking by his side as they headed in the direction of her home. glancing down at the girl, seojun hummed which captured her attention.

"how desperate are you to get home?" he questioned, taking her by surprise. this time iseul hummed, pretending to be deep in thought. glancing up at him, she answered with a smile.

"not that desperate."