[chapter five: late confession]

The scenery changed. It was now night-time and the bride was in her best friend's room.

"Stop fretting Sersi, everything will be fine." Astraea said, grabbing her friend's shoulders and sitting her down in front of a mirror.

"I know I know, I'm just nervous? Scared? Terrified." She said.

Astraea, who was already dressed, began to add last minute corrections to Sersi's hair.

"Everything's fine, you have no reason to be nervous, scared, or terrified. You both love each other and are meant for each other."

Sersi sighed, seemingly more relaxed. "You're right."

Astraea smiled, grabbing the wedding dress off of the bed. "Let's get you married then."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The night was beautiful, as if it knew there was a special occasion just about to happen.

Everyone of the villagers are seen either setting up the food, the decorations, or the area where the ceremony will take place.

Soon enough, Ikaris and Sersi were hand in hand saying vows to each other. The Eternals were on the side, bright smiles adorned their faces, and the villagers were scattered everywhere around them, trying to get the best view of the beautiful ceremony.

Astraea smiled as Ikaris dipped Sersi for their kiss, officially husband and wife. A part of her was a tad jealous. It had been a couple thousand years since she confessed to Druig but what's a thousand years to an eternal?

Shaking her thoughts, she found herself on the dancefloor as Makkari sped them both there. She chuckled and offered her friend a hand, beginning to dance. Little did she know, a familiar pair of blue eyes were on her the whole night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a while of dancing, Astraea sat down to rest her tired feet.

"Boo." a voice said from behind her.

She turned, seeing Druig. She smiled at him, him returning the smile. 

"What are you doing here Druig? Shouldn't you be enjoying the party?"

"Parties aren't my thing, plus I was wondering if your loveliness would accompany me on a walk?"  He said with a smirk.

There they were. The little pet names he called her. One part of her loved the names, it made her feel special. On the other part it made her kind of angry, how could he diminish her confession and still keep the flirtiness? Despite her thoughts, she nodded.

They walked silently, until they wandered upon a small meadow,it looked exactly like the one they spent their evenings back in Mesopotamia.

Despite the darkness of the night sky, the brightness of the moon and stars shone enough for Astraea to notice the same flower she wished upon all those years ago. She sat, admiring the flower that was on her palms. Druig sat next to her, he couldn't help but admire her features under the moonlight.

There was nothing but a comfortable silence and blue eyes set on the beautiful woman beside him.

"You know, if I remember correctly, on this night a couple thousand years ago, you confessed you were in love with me." He said, out of a sudden.

Astraea whipped her head in his direction, eyes wide and face flushed. "I-I don't see why-"

"Let me finish."

She shut her mouth and let him continue.

"Then Makkari came and took you away. For thousands of years that's all I thought about.
How you loved me and I lost the chance to say I do too before that speedster took you away." He huffed out.

Astraea gaped at him. Did he really just confess? After thousands of years?

"You what?" She said.

"I'm in love with you." He said, finally looking into her grey eyes.

She smiled and leaped into him, bringing him into a hug. He was shocked at first but chuckled as he hugged her back. She grabbed his face in her palms, resting her forehead on his. "Why did you wait all these years to tell me?"

He sighed, "I was scared? I dunno I thought maybe you'd reject me after. Sorry I waited so long."

She smiled and shook her head, "I'd wait for you for an eternity."

"And I you, my darling" He said, booping her nose with his before softly placing his lips onto hers. The kiss was sweet and warm, way too overdue.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a/n: wow he finally confessed huh?

haha 🙃 guess who's back after.... 3 weeks? IM SORRY 😭 I took advantage of winter break to rest my brain from school.  sadly school starts again tmr BUT I plan to have a two day a week updating schedule. dunno what days though🤔. Thinking maybe every Tuesday and Thursday? Comment here what days y'all want me to update. anyways what y'all do for the holidays? and i hope y'all had a gr8 christmas/new year.

ALSO THANK YOU ALL FOR 923 READS!!!!!!!! THAT IS CRAAAZY 😱😱 I AM SO GRATEFUL FOR EVERYONE WHO READS THIS 😭