"Tch, whatever deku. I'm still gonna crush you in U.A., just like I always have!"

And then he was gone.

"Wait, that was Bakugo? The same one who's bullied you since childhood!?"

"Yep, that's him. Real pleasant, huh?"

"...I hate him already."

After that, we left towards my apartment. It was getting late, and she would need to head back home really soon.

"Well Midoriya, I guess that's it for today. I'll see you tomorrow!"

"Wait... there's something I want to show you."

We walked behind my apartment complex, into the forest behind it. A well-walked path leading into the woods, one that I knew oh-so well.

"Hey Midoriya, where are we going?"

"Call me Izuku. And when you overheard my conversation with Nezu, what do you remember about it?"

"Well, you said that you were born quirkless, and Bakugo... you were attacked by a sludge villain and died, and then you woke up... at..."

We reached the end of the trail, and entered the well-lit clearing, with a small bonfire sitting alone in the center, radiating the same pleasant warmth it always did.

"Mi-Izuku, is this the bonfire?"

"Yes. This is it. My little sanctuary. The bonfire gave me my "quirk", and is what brings me back to life. I would have been long gone if I never found this all those years ago."

"Whoa... I feel so... at peace... like everything else has all just fades away..."

"That's just another property of the bonfire. The flame isn't hot either, it just feels like the same warmth you feel all around."

As I finished saying this, Uraraka walked towards the bonfire, before sitting down in front of it. She reached her hand out, slowly creeping towards the flames, before she finally touched it. A look of bewilderment was plastered across her, before she stuck the rest of her hand in.

In the quiet tranquility that followed, I sat down next to her, in front of the bonfire. We simply sat there for a few minutes in silence, soaking up the warmth of the fire. As she finally pulled her hand out, something peculiar sat within it. A small white wisp of flame, just like the one I found.

"What's this?"

"I think that's a soul. Wrap your hands around it, and crush it in your hand. Trust me, it is endlessly worth it. It's what saved my life and gave me a chance to achieve my dreams."

She looked at me for a second, before looking back to the soul. She closed her fist around it, and clenched. As she did, a white light surrounded her hand, travelling up her arm, before wrapping around to her chest, before stopping right over her heart.

"Whoa... what is this? I can't describe this feeling... I feel..."

"Whole?"

"I guess so... what did it do?"

"Well, I'm not exactly sure what all the effects of souls are, but I do know they make the person who absorbed them stronger. They make you feel more like yourself, as if they are a part of you that you never knew was missing. They're amazing little things."

"They are... Oh, it's getting late, I can see the sun setting through the trees. This was fun, and I hope we can do this again, but I need a good night's sleep if I want to get to U.A., and you do too. I'll see you tomorrow, Izuku."

"See you tomorrow, Ochako."

As she stood up and walked away, I could swear I saw a faint ring of light emanating from her chest.