Violet nods her head but still the rage running through her veins would not calm down. Not only did Catherine slap her mate but had the audacity to slap her in front of the alpha. Violet growls and then says, “Let’s go wake this vamp up.”

“Catherine!” Olivia screams the vampire name. “What the hell is your problem? Slapping Chloe like that.”

Catherine rolls her eyes and hisses, “She put her hands on my mother.”

“Technically she didn’t. “Olivia replies. “But your mother threaten her mate Catherine. What did you expect?”

“I don’t know Olivia because were not mates and vampires don’t mate. I don’t give a fuck either. She slammed my mother into a wall.”

Olivia bites her lip at the rude comment about mates. She loved Catherine. That should be enough. “Yeah. Just remember this is the same mother who abandoned you.” Olivia runs her hand through her short blonde hair and says, “Just remember you’re fighting the ones who care about you a lot.” with that she walks out the room leaving Catherine on her own.

Chloe walks towards the kitchen running into Cassandra and Jessica who were eating peacefully at the table. She sits down and asks the maid nicely for some pancakes and orange juice. Cassandra glances at Chloe and then blurts, “What the hell happen to your face.” she gawks as she see the huge purple bruise on the left side of her little sister cheek.

Chloe rubs her cheek and answers, “It’s nothing.”

Cassandra stands angry. “What do you mean it’s nothing Chloe? Someone punch you in the face or something?”

“Slap.” Chloe corrects. “And it’s okay I deserve it.”

Jessica arches her eyebrow. That was a nasty bruise how the hell she deserved something like that. She knew Violet wouldn’t dare hurt Chloe and wouldn’t dare let anyone put their hands on her wife. “What did Violet have to say about this?”

“Right now she is destroying our room. I may have to buy another lamp. It’s okay really. I threw Catherine mother into the wall last night. She got defensive which she should have.”

Cassandra rolls her eyes and growls. “Chloe you didn’t deserve shit.”

“Cassandra I do not want this to become a problem okay. It’s squash. I don’t need to control two I already have Violet to worry about.”

“Fine.” Cassandra leans back and folds her arms over her chest.

“Thanks.” Chloe says and continues with her breakfast.

<><> 

Chloe glances around the room as she feels the tension in the room. Catherine was standing by her mother. Violet was standing next to Chloe closer than usual. Cassandra was leaning on the wall glaring at Catherine and shocking Olivia was sitting away from Catherine.

Chloe clears her throat and starts by saying, “Before we start this conversation I just wanted to apologize about last night. You were in distress.”

Catherine mother rolls her eyes and hisses, “I don’t need your damn apology.”

Violet growls stepping forward but Chloe holds her back by squeezing her hand. “Fine.” She says. “What do you need?” she asks.

Catherine mother starts, “Dylan and my husband have not returned. They supposed to have been back two weeks ago. I tried calling but no one was answering and I began to worry. I sent two of my best men to Italy to check out the problem but I have not gotten an answer from them either. Than last night out of nowhere the mansion was attack. I barely got out.”