Chapter 1

I lean down to the microscope on the desk in front of me. I look at the blood sample beneath it as I added a random element to it. I was assigned to test how certain elements react to blood in order to find elements that don't harm the blood. I move to write a few notes down before leaning back down to the microscope again. I jump at the sound of my phone ringing in my lap coat pocket. I take my gloves off and pull my phone out. 

I smile before answering it "Good Morning Woods!" I say. 

"Hey, are you busy?" Woods asks me.

"I mean I'm working but I can leave if you need me too" I answer as I prop my phone between my ear and my shoulder so I could keep working. 

"Can you? Matt wanted me to ask you to come over to analyze a serum we found on our property yesterday." I hear him say.

 "Yeah, I can" I look over at the clock. "I can be there in about an hour or so"

"That would be great! I'll see in a bit then" Woods says before hanging up the phone. 

I put my phone down so I could finish my work. Once I finish my work I clean up and head out. I text Woods that I'm headed over to the studio but I never heard back from Woods. This made me worry. Pulling up to the studio I could see the studio was filled with smoke. I look around the people outside seeing Matt, Sam and Woods were all missing. I quickly get out of my car and run over to Kevin who was standing outside. 

"Where's Woods?" I ask quickly. 

Everyone knew who was I since I had been at the studio plenty of times before. 

"Matt and Sam just went in to find him," Kevin says before he pulls his phone. "I got to call the police. Excuse me" 

I start to get more nervous just standing there. I quickly run towards the building and run inside. I knew the building pretty well to make my way through it without needing to see it. However, I wasn't prepared to run into whoever was running down the stairs. Whoever I ran into grabbed ahold of me steading me. I look up to see a red glowing gas mask-looking mask on a guy's face. I could almost see their eyes widen behind the mask before I was pushed away and the person ran around the hallway. 

"Hey wait!" I yell running after them. 

I run out of the back door and look around for the guy who had just run out. The person seemed to of disappeared completely. I turn around and walk back into the building. I walk to the stairs. 

"Matt?" I yell out. 

"Y/N? Upstairs" Matt yells back. I run up the stairs and look around. "In here. Woods got hit" 

I run into the meeting room and over to Matt passed Sam holding a camera. Woods was sitting up on the floor holding the back of his head. I kneel down quickly to Woods causing him to look up at me. "Matt do you have a medkit anywhere?" I ask.

"We do but we should go over to Red base to use the medkit," Matt says. 

"Then let's go," I say as I pull Woods' arm around my shoulders to help him off the floor. 

"Y/N I'm fine" Woods protests as he gets off the floor with my help. 

"I don't care. I will decide if your fine after I check your head out" I say as I lead Woods down the stairs and out the front door. 

Matt leads us over to Red Base. He pulls out the medkit for me. I thank him before he goes to wash his hands which were covered with Woods' blood. I pull my arms away from Woods and start digging through the medical kit. 

"Look at you being a doctor," Woods says to me. 

"I'm a scientist Woods, not a Doctor. If you would stop getting hurt then I wouldn't have to be your doctor" I scold. 

"Yes but you are such a good Doctor and this was not my fault," Woods says. 

"Did you fall or did someone hit you?" I ask as I clean up Woods' head. 

"Someone hit me. Did you see anyone when you came in?" Woods asks me as he winced under my touch. 

"I did actually. I ran right into them on my way in. He had a red gas mask on. I tried to chase after him but he disappeared before I could catch him." I explain. 

"You seen the Phantom?" Matt asks coming back around. 

"The phantom?" I ask looking over at him. 

"Yeah, he has a red apparatus on. He has broken in a few times before" Matt explains. 

"Ouch Y/N" Woods yells as I put pressure on his head wound a bit.

"Sorry," I say back as I finish patching him up. "What was he after?" I asked pulling away from Woods. 

"Coordinates for serum," Matt says. 

"Which we should go after," Woods says. 

"Is he good?" Matt asks me. 

"Yep he's fine," I say. "If you need to go after this phantom then go. Have Woods call me afterward or later tonight so we can meet up again to talk about what you need me to do" 

"Alright," Matt says. "Let's go then" 

"Don't hurt yourself anymore" I say given Woods a side hug. 

"Yeah yeah," Woods says hugging me back. 

I watch them leave before walking to my car to head home.