vii. beautiful, a genius, immensely talented

Start from the beginning

"peter, what are you doing?" beck asked.

"doing the right thing." he said, laughing slightly.

"any transfer will require confirmation." edith reminded him.

"stark gave you the glasses."

peter shook his head. "mr. stark gave me a choice. it's my choice to make, okay? and i'm gonna make it. you're a soldier, a leader. you stopped the elementals. you saved my life. you saved the world, okay? he'd want you to have them."

"waiting for confirmation." edith said.

"confirm." peter said quickly, handing the glasses back to him. "welcome to the avengers. they look good on you. mr. stark would've really liked you." he said, getting up from his seat.

"where you headed?"

"i'm gonna... i'm gonna go talk to kodie." he said.

"good luck, kid. i give you a fifty-fifty chance.. you're pretty awkward." beck replied.

peter chuckled. "yeah."

⎊‎⎊‎⎊

dakota was walking along the street outside of the monster attack, doing her best to clean up anything she could. once she'd done what she thought she could, she walked through the alleyway, too lazy to fly around. as she walked, she heard a web sound, which made her look up, wondering if it was peter.

sure enough, he dropped down so he was dangling in front of her, upside down. "hey." he said, slightly out of breath.

"hey." she replied, chuckling. "you gonna get down from there, or..." she said after he'd been hanging for a moment.

"can i kiss you?" he asked, in complete awe of the way her hair was blowing in the slight wind.

she shook her head. "peter, you're literally upside down right now, no."

"come on, please?" he asked, swinging back and forth now.

"fine." she mumbled, pulling his mask down from his chin and to his nose, pressing her lips to his. he smiled into the kiss, her hands cupping his cheeks. "no, no, that's so weird, your nose was like.. on my chin." she complained as they pulled away, and he dropped back to the ground to stand, laughing.

"okay, okay, can i get a normal one then?" he asked, webbing her to pull her closer by her waist. she laughed slightly as he put his fingers on her chin, pressing a gentle kiss to her lips.

"i'm sorry your entire trip was ruined." she frowned.

he shrugged his shoulders. "ehh, not the entire trip. i mean, you're here, right?"

dakota smiled, shaking her head. "well, but we didn't get to do paris."

"yeah, well, sometimes things don't go the way you planned." he reasoned, putting his hands on her hips. "but, i actually.. i did have something planned, and i wanted to tell you something."

she looked up at him, her brows slightly furrowed. "yeah? what's up?"

"um, it's something i... i've been meaning to say for a while."

"what?"

"i just... you are..."

"beautiful, a genius, immensely talented..."

"yeah, yeah, all that. and i don't know how to put anything into words, but you mean so much to me. and i'm so glad you're here and that you're here for me even after everything you've been through. and i guess..."