{23} ヤンデレ {23}

Start from the beginning

"So how's the cafe been doing?" He asked and I shrugged "It barely gets any business anymore, I'm going to have a find another job if this keeps up" I said with a small frown and Satoshi's eyes widened slightly "Huh! You can't get a new job, who else is going to give me free things!" He whined and I rolled my eyes "Oh whatever, I'll probably end up working in a different cafe anyways" I said and he crossed his arms "There's no other cafe's in walking distance of the department store" he said and I scoffed "Get a car then"

He chuckled lightly "You know.....I'd miss you if you did quit" he said while rubbing the back of neck and I smiled "I'd miss you too, but I'm sure we'd cross paths again" I chirped and he smiled "I'd hope so, just....don't disappear without saying goodbye or something" he said and I rolled my eyes "I would never" I said with a small smile and he smiled back "Good to know"

He tilted his head to the side "I meant to ask you, who's that guy.....he's got some odd color hair and he's always wearing suits" he continued "I think you called him Ran, last time"

My eyes widened slightly "Oh? Yeah, he's a regular customer here and.....my friend" I said with a small smile and he hummed "Just a friend?" He asked with an unknown tone in his voice and I nodded slowly "Yeah....."

Is he just a friend?

I mean.....he can be a bit touchy at times but maybe he's like that with his other friends too.

Am I overthinking this?

"You sound unsure" Satoshi stated and I shrugged "He's not my boyfriend or anything like that, he's helped me out a couple of times though so.....I'd consider him a close friend" I said with a small smile and he gave a short nod "I see"

"What do you consider me?" He suddenly asked causing my eyes to widen slightly "Oh....."

I glanced around "Well I suppose that I consider you a close friend as well!" I said with a reassuring smile and he sighed as I stood up, I turned my back towards him to grab something.

"Do you think.....maybe you could see me as more than a friend, Y/N?" He questioned and I felt my heart drop as I bit my tongue "....."

I frowned and slowly turned my head towards him "Satoshi-.....!" I gasped and I nearly fell back as I saw a familiar face standing behind Satoshi.

"Ran?" I questioned as I tried to stop my heart from beating so quickly ".....!"

Satoshi's eyes widened slightly as he turned to see the taller male standing directly behind him.

He stood up and grabbed his phone "I'll see you later, Y/N" he said with a short wave as he walked out of the cafe "See you...." I mumbled quietly as I watched him leave, without looking back.

I turned towards Ran and rubbed the back of my head ".....You were really silent, I didn't even hear the bell chime" I said with a small chuckle and he hummed before sitting down in front of the counter like always.

He lifted his hand up and beckoned me to come over.

I stared at him for a few seconds before finally walking towards my usual seat and sitting down.

"Is something w-"

He cupped my cheeks in his hands and the corner of his lips tugged down "What do you know about Haruchiyo Sanzu?" He questioned and my eyes widened slightly "H-Huh.....?"