The Lasting Memory

It was a rainy day the next day, but it passed after one hour around 7 am. Luckily for the teams, it was possible to still do the outdoor activities that was planned for the day. First, everyone had breakfast which consisted of breakfast tacos and 3 different kind of salas. Then, they had a main session outside at the Quad. Guest Speaker Addison Hicks was eager to speak today.

Greetings people, it has came to my attention that there is only a few days left of camp at day 14 but that is okay because all of you have done so much here and you can go back to the real world in your campus and finish school. Be strong because there is another life after college where it's very unpredictable. Anyways, today I want you all to know that the camp have planned several team building activities today that will boost your teamwork skills so get ready for them.

The teams was dismissed. When they got outside, Team Lion saw a giant wall out there. They were challenged to climb it. Other teams have to do the same thing also. First up, Courtney, Laurean, Addison, and Madison went up a platform on the top of the wall. The challenge was simple. Scale the wall with help from their teammates. Cory was first. He took in a run, and leaped with his hands in the air. Courtney and Laurean grabbed his hands and pulled him up and he ended up sitting on the platform. Next up was Franklin. He tried to use his legs to get up the wall by doing a handstand, and Addison and Madison pulled him up by his legs and flipped him over the wall and he was successful in this activity. Last up was Andre and since he was tall, he simply lifted his own body up, but still needed Courtney and Madison to grab his left hand and right hand to get up.

The next challenge was the trust fall. The staff, all 30 of them crowded together. One by One, each student climbed up a platform, and forced themselves to fall back and the staff members caught them. Some was scared and refused to do it at first, but eventually they did it anyways. Some was confident and immediatly did it. That was great said Andre. Yeah, you really had to trust the staff to catch you said Franklin.

The final activity of the day was cooking. Recipes was put on each person's back. They had to rely on their team to determine what is the dish and using solely that information, they are tasked to cook that dish.
Andre had bowtie pasta. He completed the task but the team forgot to mention that there was a spicy sauce on the bottom. He put it on the top. Next up was Franklin. His recipe was for grilled salmon with lemon cocunut flavored rice, and squash. He did well though his rice was undercooked.  Cory was next.  His recipe was for a gourmet hot dog. His team forgot to mention there was a relish as a topping. Madison was up now. Her dish was fried onion rings, and tater tots. Her dish was nearly identical to the recipe. Courtney came up. Her dish was fried chicken with cole slaw. It was complete. Addison's dish was a Strawberry Cheesecake. Missing the strawberries due to the team telling her that it had cream cheese for a traditional cheesecake, it was otherwise a good dish. Last up was Laurean. Her dish was a beef wellington with a tuna fish salad. Her dish was missing the mushroom layer, but was delicious.

That was a lot of fun said Cory. It's all about sending information and we kind of fell flat on that replied Franklin. Cooking isn't easy commented Andre. Let's go to lunch said the girls.

Lunch was simple. It was Sloppy Joe with a cheese salad. Then, the group practiced baseball during free time. Everyone improved their game. Knowing it was the first event of All Camp Fun made them all very nervous. Madison suggested that they all go into the relaxation room.

Oh yeah said the boys in harmony. Andre got a feet massage and he felt nice especially when his toes was touched almost like "This Little Piggy". Then he got a short tickle on his feet and he giggled. Cory went in the hot tub after taking a shower and it was pleasureful. Franklin got a facial. Courtney got herself a manicure. Laurean got a pedicure. Addison went to the petting zoo and petted a pig, and a lamb. Then she went inside a drawing room and following instructions from an art teacher, she created her own Disney character. Meanwhile, Madison went into a room where her senses was tested. Blindfolded, she had to guess objects. She got 2 out of 3 right. Tasting food, she got 3 out of 6 right. Later, she had the others try this too and got different results.

At dinner, the camp staff served the college students chicken wings and sides. It was a perfect dinner. The night would end with Team Lion gathering outside in the woods and then having fun singing random songs before they went to bed. Things are about to get even more fun tomorrow.

To be Continued