Death

Some time back,  I lost someone to suicide, I shall dedicate this story to her, for love and friendship and feelings that are unbearable. For something, that is so true to pure that the feeling is for always, but maybe she wasn't able to recollect and feel them in the last few hours of her life.

If you are reached this far, then I thank you for showing me the support. Whenever I feel low in my life, the Wattpad family ALWAYS has been there.   

The ICU room was brightly lit, with fairy lights and candles.  A small shrine was placed on the table of the room, with three different pots of indoor plants- a jade, a spider plant, and a snake plant. A diya was placed in front of the Gods and Goddesses and a soft mahamritunjay mantra played on Abhi's phone.   His mask was on, to avoid any sort of transmission of the virus,  especially with the covid cases on a rise.  He lowered his mask and sipped a light brown hot liquid from a cup and chuckled recalling Akshara's words, 'methi daana wali smile'.  He sipped the hot  liquid, nearly burning his tongue. He got slightly closer to her, the wounds on her face were convalescing, "I took a shower today," he reported to her, "shampooed my hair and revamped my outfit of the day. Neil said that maybe I wasn't giving you pleasant vibes," he chortled gently, "maybe smeller vibes?" He took two more sips of the drink, a single tear escaped his eye, "my ghrelu doctor, what should I do to make you come back to me?" He put his glass on the table, held her hand, and like every day, rested his head by her side and shut his eyes, "just come back, I miss those times when you would talk to me, good, bad, bitter, everything, I've spent days thinking of the older content, I can't wait hear more." Two tears escaped her eyes, but no one noticed, not even him.  

When he woke up, the ambience had a distinct aroma.  He looked around and found a  small glass bottle next next to his cup, curious to find out what it was, he opened the familiar bottle and sniffed it, "Gudhal ka tel," a voice responded, startling Abhi.

"Neil?"  Abhi frowned, and turned around, "why did..."

"It has been more than a week. I asked Taiji if we could use hibiscus oil to relieve any stress that the Akshara is feeling. She said that it is beneficial for cuts and bruises." He walked up to him, and argued, "it's rich in Vitamin C and A so..." he was scared that his brother would yell at him, "so I applied it on some nearly-healed cuts  and her feet."

Abhimanyu nodded, proud of his brother, "you did well." He was impressed,  rubbing his face with fingertips, he questioned, "did you go get it from the same lady when Maa was sick?" 

Neil shook his head, "Bhai,"  he paused and  confessed, "Akshara had made it for Maa."  

Abhimanyu shook his head overwhelmingly , "No..." He marveled at her, with gratitude, love, and more unanswered questions. 

"I thought you would get angry at me, that's why I didn't tell you earlier!" he picked up a box, "Bhai, ma sent some food for you, please eat. If you don't eat food, you'll get unwell and then you might not be able to spend time with Akshara! " he pointed;  in return Abhi nodded, "I haven't been able to talk to ma properly, is she well?" 

"She is well. She is taking her medicines on time. She spends loads of her time in front of the mandir, praying for her wellbeing,"  he replied. " I'm going home, I've brought your clothes for the night and some other essentials. kept them in your room." As he started walking towards the door, he turned and pointed at the cup, "Bhai, that elixir tastes terrible! Stop drinking that!"  

Abhimanyu smiled at him and confirmed his discovery and turned to look at Akshu, "How can I not fall in love with you," he passed his hand in her hair, "Akshu,  if you want that I stop falling more in love with you,  please wake up, Jaan."