CHAPTER 1: The Beginning of the End of Peace

A burly man walked through the dark streets of Berlin, the night shielding him from any curious eyes. He soon reached a decently sized wooden house out in the fields, standing in front of the door he would turn around and glare, making sure he was not followed by anyone before knocking against the house's door. A rhythmic tone to it.

The door opened halfway, enough for the man to glide into it as it closed the second he was in the house. "Did everything go well Günter?" The man closing the door asked.

"Ja, do you have the money Jacques?" Günther counter-questioned.

Jacques sighed. "Günther, s'il te plait..."

"Money, or you get to figure it out on your own if your daughter is an alpha or not."

"Alright, Alright! Just don't be so loud." Jacques shoved a bag into Günther's open hand, the sound of money clinking as he sent a small glare towards the burly man. "Sometimes I doubt we have a friendship."

"This is good information, hard to get too. You know how much an Alpha means to anyone that even whispering about it can throw the entire city into a panic." Günther explained as he walked further into the house.

Jacques followed as he sighed. "I know, which is why I dearly hope she isn't."

"Guess we'll find out soon." Günther reckoned, soon the two men entered another room where a woman laid in her bed, a baby girl peacefully resting in her arms.

She smiled at the two men. "Günther, so good to see you! I hope you didn't catch too much trouble."

Günther laughed. "So long as the money is good there is no such thing as trouble in my life Ingrid."

"Yes, yes, let us proceed with the research." Jacques intervened as he walked up to his wife, slowly taking the baby out of her hands.

"Do be careful honey." Ingrid urged with a sad smile.

Jacques grinned. "We wouldn't be living in a house like this if I didn't live careful." He kissed Ingrid on the cheek, earning a giggle from her.

Günther rolled his eyes. "Very cute, can we get a move on? I still want to be in my bed at the end of the night."

"Of course," Jacques said to Günther before turning to Ingrid. "This won't take but a moment."

~

Ingrid gripped the sheets of the bed as she waited, not able to rest or do anything else until she knew her baby was safe, until she knew the world would not see her little girl as a prize. One that would never be allowed to live her life and only used as a toy for the sick man of this worl-

She was snapped out of her thoughts as her husband and friend returned into the room, her baby still sleeping soundly in Jacques arms. "And?" She asked almost desperately, trying to ignore the grim expression on her husband's face.

"Positive." Günther revealed as Jacques simply let the baby back into Ingrid's hands before collapsing on the bed.

"Quelle horreur! God why did this have to happen to us, for our little girl to be an Alpha?" Jacques cried while Ingrid held a blank straight look.

Günther let out a grunt. "Well look at it this way, sell her to some desperate noble and you'll be raking in the cash. The first Alpha to be born in Brandenburg-nay the entire damn Prussian kingdom is sure to give an ample opportunity to make us all Junkers at the end of the year."