She picked a nightgown as my outfit for the rest of the night. It was a laced, loose-fitting, black dress, which I hadn't seen in my closet before, much to my delight.

"Uhm, Sigrid," tawag ko matapos makapagpalit.

"Yes, my lady."

"Are you sure about serving me?"

Pagkasabi ko no'n ay parang gusto ko na ulit bawiin dahil sa reaksyon niya. She looked upset, and even touched her neck as if my words were a fatal blow. Being with Sigrid these past few days made me realize she was quite dramatic at times.

"T-that's . . ." She suddenly walked toward me and knelt.

"Wait, what are you—"

"Am I, perhaps, not worthy to be your servant, my lady?"

Okay, she totally misunderstood that.

"No, that's not what I meant," I quickly replied. "I mean, I feel like I'm not worthy to have such loyal and strong retainers like you."

Saying it out loud made me doubt myself even more. Noong patungo pa lang kami sa Vrivarya ay ilang beses kaming nalagay sa sitwasyon na muntik na kaming mamatay. I wasn't strong yet to be worthy of such respect and loyalty.

"Lady, strength, and battle prowess can improve through time and experience. I chose to serve you because of your potential as a powerful leader . . . and I am certain you will be one."

Her certitude put more pressure to me, but I also didn't want to disappoint her. Kahit sina Kei ay nanatili sa tabi ko kahit na ang daming pagkakataon na muntik ko na silang mapahamak.

Speaking of those three, they were still nowhere to be found. Sabi ni Sigrid ay kadalasan, isa o dalawang araw lang ang kailangan para sa debriefing pero mag-i-isang linggo na ay hindi pa rin sila bumabalik sa akin. Sana ay ayos lang sila.

Pagsapit ng gabi ay tumungo ako sa kuwarto ni Zaria. Ito ang unang pagkakataon na makakapasok ako rito dahil laging siya ang bumibisita sa akin. She told me I should visit her, too.

Olga, her royal maid, stood dignified in front of the door. She had the same imposing aura and maid outfit as Sigrid, but she was a few inches taller, and her silver—almost white—hair was neatly trimmed just above her shoulders.

"Lady Vyrka would like to enter lady Zaria's chamber," Sigrid notified. "Please announce her presence."

Olga, being taller than her, looked like she was sneering down on Sigrid, especially since they shared the same deadpan look on their faces.

"Lady Zaria," she announced after a few seconds, "The younger princess would like to have an audience with you."

Tatlong segundo ang nagdaan bago bumukas ang pinto ng kuwarto at agad na sumalubong ang nakangiting mukha ni Zaria.

"Vyrka!" she beamed as she gently pulled me inside while the Sigrid and Olga remained outside.

Namangha naman ako nang masilayan ko ang kuwarto niya. It had the same motif as mine, but her walls were decorated with more tapestries. However, what caught my interest were the board games and piles of books and scripts at the expansive mahogany table at the right side.

We went to her balcony and settled on the small tea table. Ikinuwento ko sa kanya ang mga nangyari at nagulat siya nang marinig ang tungkol kay Yva.

"I am surprised that you did not lose consciousness despite being in close proximity with her," she said. "Although, it must be because you have already been awakened."

My eyebrows knitted. "Lose consciousness? Why? Is that her skill?"

An amused smile escaped her lips. "Besides Father, her Intimidation is the best among its users."