Chapter 18-I've Lost Everything That's Keeping Me Alive

Start from the beginning

Siesta-"What's wrong?"

Midoriya-"I don't know. I thought something was wrong."

Siesta(waving lazily)-"Nah, don't worry. Nothing's wrong. I have heard that Klayd has almost below 2% crime rate."

Midoriya(wide eyes)-"Woah, that's very low!"

Siesta-"Yup, I know."

They were going to continue when they heard a loud horn. Everyone turned to the source to see a blue limo coming through the gates. Four black cars followed it behind.

Siesta-"There he is......"

Midoriya-"The most famous Quirk researcher......."

Woman-"Everyone, please welcome, Professor Alan Kay!"

Everyone started clapping and yelling for the professor, while he stood out of the limo. Several guards came out too. Few surrounded him, while the rest kept the people at bay. The man just stared at him while calling on his phone.

Man-"Target is now getting out. Let him start his speech. At the end, I will give the signal."

Professor started walking to the stage while carrying a briefcase with the bodyguards behind him. He then shook hands with the people who want to shake hands with him. Midoriya pulled out his notebook and pen from his bag. He wanted to write about the research Alan will talk about. The professor walked up to the stage and took the mic from the woman.

Alan-"Hello everyone. Welcome. I have been waiting to tell you all about my new research of quirks I have been working on!"

He then pulled a table from the side and put it in front of the audience. His bodyguards set up some cameras and projectors to show the table on the screen. The professor placed his briefcase on the table.

Alan-"Quirks have always been fascinating. They keep on evolving and evolving forming new quirks. New powers, new uniqueness, new ways to form new types etc. There have been sometimes, no many times, when people's quirks have evolved and developed without their knowledge. Any questions?"

A woman raised her hand to ask a question.

Alan-"Yes? Ma'am?"

Woman-"Sir, do you mean to say that those quirks which are considered by the mob as villainous, are actually developed without their knowledge?"

Alan-"Good question, ma'am. The answer is no. Actually, their quirks are unique in their own ways. Villainous is the dirty thought and name people have created about quirks."

A reporter raised his hand.

Reporter-"Sir, are you saying that your research is based on quirk development?"

Midoriya-"Umm, sorry to interrupt but I think you mean sudden quirk evolution."

Reporter(surprised by his sudden voice)-"What do you mean?"

Midoriya-"I think Professor Kay is talking about sudden Quirk evolution and development. I agree with him because I am one of those whose quirk suddenly evolved."

Alan-"Correct, young man! Can I ask your name?"

Midoriya-"U-Umm, m-my name is M-Midozu Shione." 'Can't expose my real name'

Alan-"So young Midozu, you are absolutely right. I am talking exactly about that. Quirk sudden development without the users' knowledge is harmful. Take an example, a boy possesses a Quirk which allows him to shoot heat energy balls. One day, he shows off his quirk to others. However, instead of shooting heated energy balls, he fires off a huge fireball, injuring his body since it's used to the energy balls and not the heat of the fire. This is the very bad. Or take another example. A boy has an accumulation quirk. He accumulates energy to become very strong. Now, he trains and trains. Since it's a daily thing for him, he trains without knowing that his speed is slowly increasing. He one day realizes this and wants to learn how he becomes fast. He thinks that accumulation of energy makes him fast and tries to do it, only to see it doesn't work. This are very frustrating times. Our quirks unknowingly evolve and develop sometimes and we want to know how it happened, or else we won't be able to use the new upgrades of the quirks. That's why........."