Chapter 2

"Coraline Jones! You'll not just gonna stand there ,are you? Carry your items. You have quite a number of bags for a little girl," spoke the man in the sage green t-shirt and bulky blue jeans.

     Coraline moaned as she staggered over to take her bags along as her dad unlocks the door of the lifeless mansion.

    "Argh. He's right. I do have lots of stuffs,", she thought to herself, half wishing she had a servant to do it for her.

    She then slammed her loaded bags on a dull sofa as soon as she went in, coughing for a moment because of the dust.

    "Argh!"

     Her mom patted on her shoulder shaking her head.

    "Honey, go change. Your room is at the second floor to the left. The middle room is where your father will be working on his work." without any hesitation , she simply nodded and skipped to upstairs walking pass the rooms.

    Despite the spiritless aura and creaking sound of water pipes which leaks,Coraline was full of curiosity and bravery. She didn't fear no bugs nor spiders.

     She hummed softly to herself to make up sound to make the surrounding more humble. When she reached at a pink door with a crooked star on it, she pushed it opened and she scanned the room.

     Just as expected, it was unstimulating and lack of vibrant colours in it. The colours seems to be faded , as if it has not been enhanced for years.

    If she hadn't had to live in the new mansion,she would have mistaken it as a deserted mansion which has had many fail attempts to tempt customers to buy the mansion.

    She placed her octopus with a button eye together with her turtle plushie in the blue cupboard to her left.

     She then opened up her bag taking out a photo frame as she studies allowing the memories to flood in her mind.

     She whimpered and hugged it as she slammed herself on the hard and solid bed.

    "Ahh. I missed you guys. I wish you guys were here," she murmured, closing her eyes.

    The thought of her friends, Andrew and Kate makes her more insolated as ever. Her mind lingers about how Andrew would made her day by making up unitelligent joke making them roar in laughter and the silly things three of them did in the previous school.

     She felt her hair stands as if there was a presence watching her and snapped her eyes open to look at the window next to the blue cupboard. A black cat with sea blue eyes peering at her intently outside of her window.

    As soon as she walked over to open her window, the cat walked away on the roof.

   "Whatever then, i have to unpack my bags anyways. I'll do it later" she said climbing onto her new stiff bed and lays there watching the paper crane above and cracked ceiling.

   Few minutes after staring blankly the ceiling followed by the sound of wind blowing in the silence, she doze off.