𝚃𝚁𝙴𝚂𝙿𝙰𝚂𝚂𝙸𝙽𝙶 𝙸𝙽 𝚂𝚃𝚈𝙻𝙴

SATURDAY

SATURDAY

WALLACE RESIDENCE

❝ ❞

❝Vienna, are you okay?❞

Finnigan Wallace, Vienna's father spoke up from his spot on their living room couch. His teenage daughter's entrance into their apartment had been loud to say the least. The thundering slam of their residence door had made the middle-aged man jump slightly.

Obviously, Vienna wasn't in a good mood. But, then again, the ballerina hadn't been in a good mood since the Oscorp explosion...

❝Vienna...❞

Finnigan called out to her in a questioning tone.

The man was cautious, he had no idea how his daughter would react. Guess that's what happens when your wife wins a custody battle before your daughter even turns 4. Finnigan knew nothing about his daughter, the only thing he knew was that she showed up on his door step a little over a year ago (at 15) (of course, he let Vienna in with open arms, no questions asked).

❝Ye-ah.❞ Vienna's voice cracked a bit.

Damn. This was definitely a consoling dad moment, right? Or maybe it wasn't? Finnigan had to test the waters a bit.

❝I'd ask you what's wrong but,❞ he approached her slowly. ❝that's none of my business.❞

Vienna's father stood a foot away from her. The man took in her appearance. Sweatpants, Peter Parker's sweater (Peter wore it in his art class all the time), and red puffy eyes. Vienna had been crying by herself, of course. His daughter preferred to let her vulnerable side out alone, akin to himself.

❝It's um, yeah.❞ Vienna coughed and wiped beneath her eyes. ❝can I, um, can you...❞ she fumbled with her words.

It was sad. Why did Vienna feel ashamed to ask her own father for a hug?

Vienna decided to hug him without asking. All she needed was an embrace, the girl didn't care who it was from. She just needed someone to hold her tightly so she wouldn't feel like things were falling apart. Of course, Finnigan complied.

❝I fucked things up.❞ Vienna choked out, into her dad's shoulder.

It took everything in the ballerina to swallow down her sob.

❝Good.❞ Finnigan rubbed her back soothingly.

His response made Vienna's eyebrows furrow; she did not expect that. Wasn't he supposed to play the prying dad role? Wasn't he curious about what she meant by that.

❝How's fucking things up good?❞ Vienna pulled away, she rubbed her nose with Peter's sleeve.

❝It's good because it means you're doing what normal teenagers do. Vienna, you've never been a normal kid.❞