chp 2:

m/n watched as the marines began to fire their canons. he took both of his angel blades (picture at bottom) out, slicing through each canon ball coming towards his ship. shouting orders for jairo to use his aim to fire at the canon balls as well.

he turned his head in time to see luffy expanding his body, re-directing the canon ball back towards one of the marine ships.

"hm," he hummed, a blank face, "a devil fruit." that is so cool!

m/n ran to his ledge, stepping on it and pushing off of it. rolling onto luffy's ship. he turned to his crew.

"haru, watch the ship. help jairo and kaze for our back up. i'll help them out on the marine ships."

"sir, yes sir!"

luffy grabbed onto one of the marine ships, sanji got on luffy's arm first, zoro following then m/n. each running on luffy's arm until jumping on the ships. minus m/n, he walked across luffy's arm with his hands, not wanting to step on luffy with his boots. m/n walked a bit and was now behind zoro, grasping his angel blades ready for battle.

"oh come on..."

he looked at zoro noticing luffy coming right towards them. his eyes widened.

"shit." he went to get out of the way but was too late.

zoro broke luffy's impact and m/n broke zoro's impact.

"woah! nice catch."

m/n was wheezing for air. once luffy got off of zoro, m/n shoved zoro off. catching his breath, mumbling incoherent words as zoro glared at him for shoving him off.

m/n spaced out, he picked both of his blades up. he was looking at the marines, a smirk over coming his face as he was ready to fight.

"captain m/n," zoro caught his attention, "would you like to help me slice the steel chains? it'll be faster."

m/n shrugged, "wouldn't want to steal the spotlight from you. i much rather fight the marines."

zoro nodded. luffy, sanji and m/n gave back up to zoro. fighting each marine coming near, stopping them from coming any closer.

m/n ran to the many marines running towards him, he slid on his knees thrusting his blades forward as he spun himself. gripping his blades more, until his knuckles went white, as he began to rotate his wrist, slicing each marine many times with his blades. he then popped his knees up and landed fully.

"one more steel chain." zoro shouted.

m/n watched as his ship was still blocking each canon ball coming towards both ships. watching as luffy's ship tried to move to pass and be on their way to help the dragon find its island.

"captain m/n!"

m/n snapped his head to face the voice. it was one of the females, hana. she was hanging over the shark head at the end of his ship.

"hīrā fell overboard. she won't make it!"

his eyes widened a fraction. he quickly began to run forward to the ocean, immediately taking off his hat and over coat. each going onto zoro as he sliced the last chain. m/n kept his angel blades attached as he dove into the ocean. before he went into the ocean, they each saw a tattoo of an angel blade on the back of m/n's right shoulder and a tattoo of a shark swimming in a circle on the back of his left shoulder. the shark tattoo covering a nasty burn scar that was as big as his shoulder.

he began to swim down, his eyes catching hīrā sinking. his arms and legs propelled him down in a fast, swift motion. his oxygen was slowly running out, he had time to grab her and pull her back to the surface.