Slipped Secret

10 minutes later, Synth was still on the run and had no intentions of slowing down, when all of a sudden, he felt something snag him by the left fin and swiftly haul him up, leaving him hanging upside down from a rope tied to a tree.

Branch: Synth!

This cry made Synth's heart jump as he saw Branch and Shelliot running up to him (with the latter going much more slowly).

Synth: He-Hey, Dubstep. What up?

Branch: Shelliot and I just came here to check our traps for a creature that, according to Lownote Jones, escaped from another dimension.

Synth: Oh. Sorry about settin' off that one, yo.

Branch: I'm just glad you're okay... especially after that fight against the Finders-Keepers Critters.

  Synth: Wait, you heard about that, too?

  Branch: From Cooper.

  Branch then flashed back to 3 days ago...

  ... He was offering Shelliot a slice of Fluffleberry cake when all of a sudden, Cooper came by running and screaming.

  Cooper: Laguna is a glowing super-ninja!

  The goofy Funk prince then stuck his head into the ground to continue screaming as Branch and Shelliot both looked on in utter bewilderment...

  Branch: And I was pretty surprised when I heard the full story. I mean, you trapping a bunch of Grabby-Crabs in a killer water vortex?

  Synth: I-I didn't mean to! I just saw one of those snappy little dudes about to attack Laguna, and it just-

  Branch: Hey, hey. I understand completely.

  Synth: I thought that if I kept from using my water powers for a while, everyone would just forget I had anything to do with that fight. But then...

  Laguna: Branch?

  Hearing this from his friend so clearly, along with seeing her and Smidge coming up to Branch, instantly sent Synth into a panic as he started swinging around, only to slam face-first into the tree containing the snare.

  Smidge: I got this.

  She hair-jumped up to above Synth's fin and hand-chopped the rope, breaking it and sending Synth falling from the tree, with Laguna quickly catching him.

 Laguna: So, do you feel ready to talk yet?

  Branch: About what?

  Hearing his super-close Pop bro's question, Synth let out a sigh before he, Smidge, and Laguna explained what'd happened at the Hair-nasium.

  Branch's Mind: Wow. He's even stronger than I thought.

  At the same time he was thinking this, Branch could see Synth looking like a puppy that just had an accident, prompting him to place a sympathetic hand on his Techno friend's shoulder.

  Branch: Hey, what matters now is that Smidge is safe.

  Synth: (smiling a bit) I know... (starts frowning again) ... but still, I straight-up betrayed the key Techno beliefs of peace and love.

  Laguna: No, you didn't.

  Synth: Huh?

  Laguna: Synth, the Techno tribe's core beliefs aren't about whether we fight or not; they're based around love, family, and music, and whether we choose fighting or pacifism, what really matters is keeping our friends and loved ones safe. And I doubt there's another Techno Troll alive who's more passionate about caring for others than you are.

  His scientist friend's words got more of a smile out of Synth as he pulled her in for a hug.

  Branch and Smidge: Aaaawwww!

  Synth: (breaking free from the hug) So, Smidge, you ready to get back to our workout?

  Smidge: Actually, due to the bird incident, the hair-nasium's now closed for repairs.

  Synth: Ohhh, guess that bird did more damage than we thought.

  Laguna: True. Perhaps we could provide some assistance.

  With that, the four Trolls all headed toward the hair-nasium and started helping out with its reparations. Smidge and Synth (using his hair) both carried the heavier roof pieces out to Branch, who got said pieces back into place using the cement Laguna mixed.