Busted!

About 3 days later, at the Hair-nasium, Synth and Smidge were in the middle of the hair weightlifting part of their workout. The Techno ambassador had just finished his first set and was ready to start spotting for Smidge when all of a sudden, a giant beak stabbed through the roof above them.

  Smidge: Oh my Guh!

  The shock of this caused Smidge to slip up, leaving her hair-snagged under the barbell... which was a problem given that part of the caved-in roof was hurtling right towards her. With his instincts taking over, Synth's arm patterns started glowing as he held them out in an X shape right over the tough Pop Troll, causing the debris to "bounce" right off. 

  After that, he turned his attention to freeing Smidge from the barbell, at which point he saw her looking up towards him in total astonishment.

  Smidge: Oh... my... Guh!

  Synth: What?

  Smidge: When did you learn that awesome Tide-Kwando move?

  This question immediately caused Synth to realize what he'd done, but before he could answer, Laguna, who'd witnessed the whole thing while running on a nearby treadmill (with her fins), turned it off and walked over.

  Laguna: On the contrary, Smidge, it appears that he's actually invented a new Tide-Kwando move.

  Synth: What? Me? Who? Where? When? And sometimes why? (nervous chuckle)

  However, the look on Laguna's face made it quite clear that she was not buying it, prompting Synth to quickly make a run for it... and the girls to start chasing him.