CH. 15 Day after day

Start from the beginning

So now, since he met Travis, something completely changed in him and it’s like a new Sasha has finally awakened. I was beyond happy and I knew he needed time to understand and admit everything, he was a really stubborn bastard sometimes.

And now comes the reason for my good annoyance. On Monday he finally admitted something to me and he was still at the same point. I rolled my to-die-for eyes at that.

-FLASH BACK- 

I saw Aleksandr at his locker, talking to Derek and Travis. More like, Derek-the-chatter-box-never-shuts-up and Travis were talking and Sasha was looking at him.

So walked there and hugged my friend’s shoulder and like last time Travis shot me a strange look, pure instinct, and then smiled at me and greeted me. I grinned at that.

“Sasha, morning, still aching from yesterday?” He turned to me and gave me his usual cracked smile.

“Hey River. Shit, it wasn’t very smart to skate the entire afternoon and then weight lift.”

“Skating and weightlifting the entire afternoon, on Sunday? Hell, are you insane?” Asked Travis, now playing with his piercing, a habit he had. I might add, a quite sexy habit. Sasha stiffened, not annoyed, but the complete opposite and I could see his eyes getting darker at that sign. Hmm, so he liked his piercing.

“It was crazy, damn true, but we didn’t play on Saturday and we had too much energy left.” I joked.

“Yeah, but Dima went on madman mood and my brother followed him, that bastard, I’ll pay him back.” Sasha cracked his neck and then cursed under his breath, I bet his neck was killing him. Yeah, Dima and Ivan tried to playfully provoke him and take him down. Impossible, obviously, but a guy can dream.

“Alexi, is your neck killing you?” Asked Travis, placing a hand on his neck. Ok, that was new and interesting.

“Yeah, thanks to my brother and Dima.”

“Well, if you all play like damn beasts, hell, you can’t have it otherwise.”

Sasha rolled his eyes, but he wasn’t annoyed, more like amused and completely relaxed. I mean, relaxed with Travis, someone he met weeks ago. Do you get my point here? I wondered if he finally confronted himself or if he needed another push.

“Want a massage?” Asked Travis with such a suggestive expression that I swear both me and Derek looked at them with equal shocked eyes. Sasha chuckled and leaned closer to him. Hmm, were they openly flirting now? Since when? Oh yeah, since Saturday at the hockey game. I never saw my friend doing that with anyone else, he never did that with any girl. The more important question was: did they realize they were flirting? I didn’t think so.

“God, don’t tempt me Travis. I’d really need it.”

“Well, how about at lunch?” Hmm, now I couldn’t wait for lunch. Sasha simply smirked at him and said “ok”, his eyes shining in a strange way.

Derek looked at me with a what-the-hell-is-going-on expression and I shook my head.

When we walked to class, he obviously couldn’t hold it in and asked straight away.

“Dude, what the hell is going on?” Derek fired in his face.

“What do you mean?”

“What do I mean? You and Travis, dude, I mean, massages? He knows how to do that?”

“Yeah, he already gave me one when he stayed over my place.” He avoided to answer the main question.

“Really? Man, is he good at that?” Figure, Derek got immediately distracted by non essential details.