²

✧༝┉┉┉┉┉˚*❋ ❋ ❋*˚┉┉┉┉┉༝✧

"1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000," Sora counted aloud, her arm moving swiftly as she swung the leather whip, striking the figurine with precision at each count.

"Good form, Sora. Now, after you complete the strikes, I want you to run around the house 50 times. Build up your stamina," Ryunosuke instructed, his voice firm but encouraging. "Then, come back and continue with 500 more whip strikes. Remember to focus on your breathing as you practice."

Sora nodded, determination etched on her face. "Okay, I'll do it."

She took off, her feet pounding the ground as she ran laps around the house, pushing herself to her limits. After completing the arduous run, she returned to her training spot, gripping the whip tightly. Without hesitation, she resumed her strikes, the repetitive motion becoming ingrained in her muscle memory.

Days turned into weeks as Sora dedicated herself to intense combat training. Her body ached, and her muscles screamed for rest, but she pressed on, fueled by her goal of passing the upcoming selection.

"I hope you make it to the final selection," Ryunosuke said, observing her progress with a mix of pride and concern.

Sora paused for a moment, catching her breath. She looked at the elder demon slayer, a glimmer of determination in her eyes.

"So I can carry on your legacy."

"Yes, but most importantly, so you can start yours. You possess great potential, Sora. Your journey as a demon slayer is just beginning." He nodded, a hint of a smile on his lips.

Sora's expression softened, concern flickering in her eyes.

"You should get that treated," she said, gesturing to an old injury on the Hashira's arm.

"My time in this world is almost up, Sora. But yours is just beginning. Focus on your training, your growth." He chuckled softly, shaking his head.

Sora nodded, understanding the weight of his words. She would honour his teachings and carry the torch of the demon slayers, no matter the challenges that lay ahead. With renewed determination, she resumed her training, fueled by her mentor's guidance and the knowledge that she was on the cusp of a life-altering journey.

✧༝┉┉┉┉┉˚*❋ ❋ ❋*˚┉┉┉┉┉༝✧

After three arduous days of travel, Sora finally reached the wisteria forest atop Mt. Fujikasane. As she entered the forest, her eyes widened in recognition when she spotted three children wearing fox masks.

"Wait, I've arrived here even before Tanjiro joined the demon slayers," Sora whispered to herself, a mix of excitement and trepidation filling her heart.

"Welcome to Mt. Fujikasane. Thank you for gathering here for the final selection," a voice echoed through the forest. "Beyond the wisteria that covers the mountains from the foot to halfway up the slope, demons captured alive by our demon slayers await. To pass the final selection, you must survive for seven days. Now, go."