¹

✧༝┉┉┉┉┉˚*❋ ❋ ❋*˚┉┉┉┉┉༝✧

The bell rang, jolting Sora out of her thoughts and back into the classroom. She sighed, standing up and grabbing her bag, ready to escape the confines of the classroom. But just as she was about to make her exit, a firm grip on her hand pulled her back.

"What?" Sora groaned, her frustration evident in her voice, as she turned to see Akin, her only friend, holding her hand.

Akin's concerned gaze met hers, and he gently pulled a chewed-up bubble gum from Sora's vibrant green hair. A group of girls snickered behind them, enjoying the spectacle.

Sora's eyes welled up with tears as she dashed out of the classroom and rushed to the nearest restroom. She stood in front of the mirror, staring at her disheveled hair and the sticky mess the gum had created. Frustration and despair overwhelmed her, and the tears streamed down her face as she attempted to remove the gum, but only made matters worse.

In a fit of anger, she rummaged through her bag and retrieved a pair of scissors. Without a second thought, she began cutting away the tangled strands, trying to salvage what she could. The act was both cathartic and disheartening, as chunks of her once-luscious hair fell to the ground.

Sora stormed out of the restroom, her emotions running high. Akin hurriedly chased after her, concern etched on his face.

"Sora, are you alright?" he called out, his voice laced with worry.

A bitter smile formed on Sora's lips, tinged with sarcasm.

"Yes, I'm just peachy," she replied, her voice dripping with frustration.

Akin took a step closer, his eyes filled with empathy.

"Hey, there's no need for hostility. I'm just a concerned friend," he reassured her, his voice gentle.

"Don't worry, I'm used to it," Sora retorted, her voice carrying the weight of countless similar incidents.

Akin's expression turned serious.

"You should really report them to the principal," he suggested, his voice tinged with a touch of anger.

Sora scoffed, her voice heavy with resignation.

"Their parents are major contributors to the school. It'll be my word against theirs," she explained, her frustration evident.

Akin sighed, his gaze filled with sympathy.

"Jeez, well, if it makes you feel better, I got us two tickets to the comic con happening next week," he said, trying to lift her spirits.

A glimmer of gratitude shone in Sora's eyes, and she embraced Akin in a tight hug.

"Thank you, you're the best," she whispered, her voice filled with genuine appreciation.

Akin chuckled, returning the hug.