Chapter five: Overdue Confessions

Start from the beginning

After grabbing my bag I ask Douxie where he's taking me only to be met with a "It's a surprise" and with that being said Douxie walked over to the front door, winked at Archie and motioned for me to walk out.

Closing the door behind us both, Douxie takes me to a beautiful restaurant which is filled with chandeliers harbouring bright lights that are making everyone's shadows dance like ballerinas.

It completely mesmerized me and all I could do was stare at the lavish dining establishment until Douxie snaps me out of it by bringing us to a table. I felt like I was in a dream.

Soon after sitting down a waiter comes to our table and asks for our orders which for me is Beef Ragu a la penne and Douxie's being a medium rare steak bathed in a red wine sauce.

Once the food arrives I stare at the food for a solid minute with my mouth watering which makes Douxie laugh. "What?" I retort "It looks delicious"

"Well darling if it's so delicious then why don't you dig in?"

You don't have to give me an invitation to eat this wonderfully tasty looking meal and with that I dig in enjoying every last bite probably getting sauce all over my face which of course happens to be the case and Douxie being Douxie leans forward, cups my face in his right hand and uses his thumb to wipe the leftover sauce still residing on my bottom lip.

His actions ensue an immediate reaction and my cheeks turn as red as the pasta sauce which I attempt to hide by pretending to admire the structure of the restaurant.

As Douxie finishes up the last of his meal I go to the ladies bathroom in order to somewhat collect myself and once I make my way back to the table I see that he has already gotten the check.

"Doux!! You should have split it I don't want you paying for everything" I protest but all Douxie has to say is "Y/n I'm here taking you out on a date, I'm paying" to shut me up.

And being too afraid to say something and embarrass myself we walk in mostly silence. That is until Douxie slips his hand into my own and entwines our fingers.

Having had enough of this I stop walking and stare Douxie dead in the face while pointing to my own. "Do you see this? You know the redness spreading across both my cheeks? Are you trying to send me to my grave" I say in a very flustered tone.

"Oh I do see it love and it's adorable, that's why I'm doing this" he responds as he lifts my hand in his and kisses mine.

"Ight that's it I'm done BUT YOU'RE PAYING FOR MY FUNERAL!" I say in a last hope to be left alive but all Douxie does is laugh at me.

Before I knew it we had finished climbing a steep slope and walked forward to see the sunset slowly setting behind the vast horizon.

It was completely and utterly breath taking.

The pink pastel hues emanating from the sun and reflecting off the waters edge were surely a sight to behold and just as the sun's setting began to speed up Douxie clicked his fingers and a whole façade of fairy lights lit up the ground we were standing on.

And to make the moment even more magical Douxie used his staff to created little balls of magic which looked like blue fireflies.

Now standing in front of me and placing his hand on the back of my neck he confesses "It isn't much but Archie and I put it together. I hope you like it."

"Like it? How could I like it" I love it, it's breathtaking" I say in complete awe.

"Well then in that case, may I have this dance" Douxie kindly asks as background music begins to play.

It was so beautifully romantic I couldn't say no and so I stepped into the light and placed my hand in his and off we went. Dancing to the rhythm of the music with swaying footsteps as light as a feather making time stop in the moment.

Once the song ended Douxie cupped my face in his soft and gentle hand again and asked with a pleading and scared expression "Y/n... will you be my girlfriend? I-it's ok if you don't want to I understand you probably aren't looking for someone right now that's ok don't worry about it"

And after hearing Douxie ramble on for a near 30 seconds I grab the hand he's holding my face with and kiss him on his warm and soft lips just as the sun sets behind the sea.

I can't believe I just did that and I don't think Douxie can either because he stared at me with bright red cheeks and a face full of shock.

Being too caught up in the moment I forgot to answer him "Oh uh yes haha I got a little too carried away there oop-" but before I could even finish my sentence he grabbed my waist, pulled me into him and kissed me for a second time.

My heart felt like it was going to beat out of my chest with all the excitement but thankfully I stayed calm enough to enjoy the moment.

Now noticing the temperature grow considerably colder we decide to head home and Douxie being the kind and soft hearted sweetheart he is noticed the blisters on my feet due to wearing heals and gave me a piggy back ride home while I questioned him endlessly about how long he liked me for.

Alright my lovlies that's it for another chapter of The Retake sorry for the extremely long chapter it ended up being 1557 words long- I went to finish earlier but it was waayyy too short and so I ended up continuing with the story but got a little carried away haha oops. Oh well, hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their summer or winter.

❤❤- Rose