_chapter two_ night calls

A ringing from under my head is what disturbs my precious beauty sleep. It take me a few tries to finally find my phone from beneath my pillow.

My foggy brain accepts the call without even checking caller id.

"Hello?" My voice is croaky like a frog when I speak.

"Maia," a familiar and energetic voice says, "It's Wilbur. I just had the greatest idea for writing. Inspirations just hit me, you know? It was just one of those things that happens once in a blue moon. Anyways, I wanted to share it with you."

I squint at my screen. "It's four-thirty in the morning, Wilbur. Why are you calling?"

"Because I had an idea."

"You said that already." I sit up a little more in my bed. His energy is bouncing, and now I probably won't be able to sleep after this. "How do you have my number, anyways?"

"George gave it to me."

I roll my eyes. Reason number two within the past twenty-four hours to strangle my best friend. "What's this idea, Wilbur?"

"Okay so," he begins like a schoolgirl who has gossip, "I was out with my friends, and we got to talking. We were talking about some sort of bridge which got me thinking. What if we had a bridge to connect- Do you need some coffee? You seem tired."

The question throws me off guard. "What?"

"Do you want some coffee?" he asks again.

"How are you going to do that?" I laugh as much as I can, but it ultimately turns into a yawn.

"I don't know." He thinks for a second. "I could order it to your house."

I chuckle. "Thank you, but I'm okay. Continue your idea."

I let him go on even though my eyes are beginning to droop. It's not that his idea is boring, it's just that it's the very middle of the night. I'm tired.

"What does that have to do with the betrayal?" I ask once he's finished.

"Oh," I think I can hear him audibly slump in a chair. "I didn't think of that part yet, but I will think of a way."

I sigh. "Sounds good."

It's quiet for a moment before I speak up again.

"Is that all you needed?" I ask.

"Yupp that's it." I can hear a smile on his lips.

"Okay, well I'm going back to bed. Goodnight."

"Nighty night," he says before hanging up.

I shake my head with a small smile as I settle back under the covers comfortably.

I think Wilbur Soot might just be the death of me.

_author's note_

ik the lore is slow but we had to get them to meet somehow..