the aussie didn't realise just how much his lungs were suffering during all this.

felix could barely process it as chan and changbin tore hyunjin off of him.

more gasps.

chan and changbin seemed to work together, chan being the one to pry hyunjin off as changbin attempted to drag him away from felix.

he could see the lines of frustration present on both boys' faces - felix has never seen them so mad.

hyunjin struggled against them as chan backed up and changbin took initiative as he and hyunjin rolled just a metre away from the gasping boy.

he was beyond thankful.

but felix was not expecting changbin to get involved.

despite the aches spread across his body, felix sat up and gawked as changbin pinned hyunjin to the ground.

soon, chan hovered over felix as the younger looked up to see the older crouching before him, his blonde curls matted with sweat.

his knight in shining armour.

chan's chest slumped with a heavy breath as he grinned in reassurance, managing to look ethereal despite the visible outcome of dealing with hwang hyunjin.

if they weren't in this current situation, felix would absolutely swoon.

"i'm sorry i'm late baby, we came running as soon as someone yelled about it.. i'm here now" chan comforted, encircling an arm around felix's waist.

he helped felix to his feet, arm still protectively curled around his waist as his other hand brushed the brunette's locks out of his eyes.

felix swallowed deeply, eyes sheening with a thin layer of water - he didn't know why he was feeling so emotional.

he stared into chan's eyes as the older tilted his head, almost resembling that of a dog.

a stray tear ran down felix's face and he was sure that the tears as well as the bruises and cuts on his face would surely scare anyone off.

but chan was quick to swipe his tear away with a single flick.

"don't cry, channie's got you" chan smiled, leaning in to peck felix's cheek as he lifted his arm from felix's waist to swing it over his shoulder.

chan had kissed him- well, it was only a peck on the cheek but felix was absolutely malfunctioning on the inside.

clearly, it was obvious enough on his face as chan looked at him with amused endearment.

"how come you always look so cute, hm? you're making my heart race" chan cooed, tapping felix's nose, taking advantage of this moment.

as if there wasn't a crowd of students gaping and gasping at the scene - chan didn't care for the attention.

all he cared about was to see the famous blush that would dominate felix's cheeks and freckles with its pink hue, which was a look chan adored.

while they were having their moment on one side of the hallway, on the other side was changbin pinning hyunjin to the ground.

the height different was incredibly apparent but with changbin's extraordinary strength, it was enough to keep hyunjin down no matter how much he resisted.

"snap out of it" changbin spoke sternly as now hyunjin was the one being straddled.

changbin and hyunjin never had any proper interactions, at the most they probably held eye contact.