10

tw - mentions of physical abuse

felix glared down at the mug in his hands, tracing the blue wavy patterns with his thumb.

"well.. it wasn't anything too bad" felix chuckled dryly.

the boy twisted to set the mug of hot chocolate on the nightstand.

chan stared at him, watching for any unusual movements.

"take your time" chan smiled, his plush lips pointing upwards comfortingly.

the older's hand dropped down to hold the younger's, his thumb rubbing cirles in consolation.

smiling at the gesture, felix took in a breath.

"while i was getting home, i ran into my ex-boyfriend"

chan's eyes darkened the moment felix said 'ex-boyfriend'.

"he uh.. he grabbed my shoulder and just.."

inhaling deeply through his nose, felix tried to blink back the fresh tears that were ready to stream down his face.

frowning, chan scooted closer, their knees touching.

"channie.. seeing his face so close to mine was something i never want to experience again" felix spoke again, looking up to meet chan's eyes.

his orbs screamed trauma and chan was close to breaking down himself.

they faced towards each other, the mug of hot chocolate left deserted while the two stared at each other.

"i-i was scared he.. he was going to.. hit me again"

again.

again.

chan couldn't stop paying attention to that word.

"again?" chan repeated slowly, the younger's eyes creasing painfully.

memories he never wants to relive, ones he kept in the back of his mind and swore to never tell anyone until he was ready.

and the person sitting in front of him happened to be his boyfriend.

not ex-boyfriend, his boyfriend.

felix could trust him.

a deep breath in.. and a deep breath out.

trigger warning - scroll to + if  you're uncomfortable

"he never treated me well, despite knowing that.. i was so scared to break up with him - bruises and cuts would cover my skin from head to toe" felix managed to say.

his voice was beginning to build power, he suddenly didn't feel so weak and timid.

it was time he came to terms with his past.

"i was under his manipulation and catching him cheating on me was the final straw.. i knew i should have left him way earlier but i was so scared" felix continued.

chan couldn't believe his ears.

he was in awe at felix's bravery, confidence and how he was trusted with something so personal.