Book 1: Strange Gift

"Are you looking forward to your party tonight?" Mrs Wood said as Molly smiled and nodded.

It was Molly's 16th Birthday, the day went on as normal; people came and gave their gifts; one of them being a small strange music box, given by Molly's strange 2nd cousin, Thomas, he was unusual to say the least, but Mrs Wood tried to convince Molly that he was 6 when he worms.

The last ring of the clock chimed as the door opened for 4 other girls: Olivia, Jessie, Francis and Meg.

"What's this?" Olivia questioned referring to the music box.

"Nothing," Molly shrugged "now let's start the scary stories..."

All 5 girls sat on the floor wrapped in their blankets, waiting for the stories begin. Molly insisted that she went first as it was her birthday.

The room fell silent; the lights were dim as Molly began...

"One October night; the wind blew coolly as the night sky fell black. All but one was in the house and her name was Sandy May, Sandy sat in the living room watching her TV when..." Molly paused as her gaze fell on the window. "Tap-Tap," Molly said, but as she said the words the actual sound of Tapping glass came from the window. "Sandy looked out the window," all 5 girls gazed at the closed window.

Tap-tap-tap-tap

It created a rhythm. The rhythm of heart beats in the room followed.

A gust of wind blew the curtain.

"Molly stop messing around!" Meg whimpered. All of a sudden the small music box lid opened by itself as the soft tune of 'April Showers' began to play. Gazes were exchanged.

Tap-tap-tap-tap

Beat-beat-beat-beat

'April Showers'

The only other sounds were the deep breaths of the girls. The small living room didn't feel small anymore; it felt big; too big.

All of a sudden the music box lid slammed with a bang as the tapping stopped in sync of the lid closing.

Beat-beat-beat-beat

"I wonder if the girls are alright." Mrs Wood asked her husband as she slipped the key into the lock.

"Seems quiet..." Mr Wood stated, but that was the problem that it did seem quiet...too quiet.

Mr and Mrs Wood walked into the living room and found nothing except an open window and the repetitive tune of 'April Showers.'