If the victim is an angelkin and already has the talent required, he or she can banish his or her proprietary or proprietaries without the ritual.

If the angelkin needs help from another angelkin, that angelkin must banish the proprietary before the ritual. Then the angelkin can write what the proprietary is called on a white piece of paper.

If there's more than one proprietary, the angelkin must wait thirty days to get help with the second one and so on.

The angelkin can prevent the lucifedor from sending the proprietary again by performing the ritual from the phylum that banished it.

If you're not an angelkin, the rituals will not be successful. Please attend the retreat instead. More information is provided on the website.

The Ergbear Ritual:

Cut the piece of paper around the name of the proprietary, forming a circle. Blow on it for three seconds. Place it on the bottom of a small, paper cup and put it in the freezer. Throw the cup out after three hours.

The Burwolf Ritual:

Cut the piece of paper around the name of the proprietary, forming a rectangle. Bury it under the soil of a potted plant. Leave it for three hours and throw the plant out.

The Okehawk Ritual:

Cut the piece of paper around the name of the proprietary, forming a triangle. Light a small, white candle and place the paper on the flame, letting it burn. Blow the candle out and leave the burnt paper on it for three hours. Then throw the candle and paper out.

The Tergator Ritual:

Cut the piece of paper around the name of the proprietary forming an oval. Put it at the bottom of a small, paper cup and fill it with water. Wait three seconds and put it in the fridge. Throw it out with the water in it after three hours.

The Acebee Ritual:

Cut the piece of paper around the word "banelor", forming a star with five points. Fold it in half and tape it closed. Tape it to the wall at the place of slumber for three hours and throw it out.

---

Ryan rested on his bed, hearing the wall clock ticking.

He tossed the sling in the closet.

---

He walked into Homeroom and sat down. Shantel wrote in a notebook busily. He put a note on her desk and she read it:

Shantel,

I need your help with

something important.

Will you be home

today?

Ryan

"Yes," she said.

---

In the school cafeteria, Ryan watched Troy talking to Shantel at her table. He gave her a chocolate brownie off of his lunch tray.

"Uh, did you see that?" said Pablo. "He's giving her chocolate like it's Valentine's Day."

"I'm going to her house later," said Ryan.

"Are you dodging the hemjow?" asked Jamal.

"Ryan dodges a lot of things," said Sloan.

"What now?" asked Jamal.

"He got dropped in an elevator," said Sloan.

"I don't want to talk about it," said Ryan.

"Kiss the girl and get it over with," said Pablo. "You could die tomorrow."