One

Kelicia
Cleveland, Ohio
August 23, 2021
16

I sighed as I heard the bell ring. Today was the first day of school and I just wasn't feeling it. I stayed up all night looking for an outfit. I had set two out just to wear a whole different outfit.

I had on all black. Black sweat shirt, sweatpants, and black cat 4's. As I walked into first period which was Algebra, I saw almost no empty seats.

I saw one in the middle beside a boy who had his head down. When I sat down he had peeked his head a little. I saw that he had a busted lip. I pulled up my book bag and handed him an alcohol wipe out my first aid kit.

By then he had his head down so I tapped him. As I gave it to him I noticed he had on all back too. "Hey we're matching" I smile at him.

He cracked a smile before he hissed. "Oh, I apologize." I gave him the alcohol wipe. He took it and I watched him clean his lip up. He got up to throw it in the trash and when he came back I gave him a hug.

I don't why but I give out hugs all the time. He hugged me back then sat down. After like 45 minutes the bell rung when I got up. "What's your name?" He asked me.

"Kelicia." I smiled. "Well I'm Aner"  "See you around" "You too" As I walked out the classroom, I put my AirPods in. I played "calm and patient" by Jhené Aiko.

I went to the bathroom, did my business, and washed my hands. When I went to Spanish 2, I saw Aner again.I didn't wanna sit by him and make him uncomfortable so I just sat upfront.

[5th period]
I walked to the office to get my food that my mom just had dropped off. It was a spicy chicken sandwich, fries, and an Oreo McFlurry. I walked to an empty table. I started dipping my fries in the McFlurry.

Aner came outta nowhere and almost made me drop my fries. "Hey" he sat down and put his head down. "You're not hungry?" I asked since he didn't have food. He shook his head no.

"You sure?" He looked at me and that's when I noticed the look in his eyes. "Yes, I'm sure.". He was sad and I knew it. 

"Here." I handed him the sandwich. "I'm good." He said . "Here" I said again. He hesitated to take it, but eventually he did. "Thanks" "you're welcome".

While we were eating, I took the time to spectate him he was cute. Dark skin, locs, pretty white teeth.

He caught me staring, so looked away fast my face heated with embarrassment. "What period do you have next?" I asked.

"P.E" I stared in shock. "May I see your schedule" "sure" I realized we have the same classes, but three. That's 3rd, 4th, and 7th. "We got 4 classes and lunch together.

Outta nowhere I said "You wanna be my friend ?" "Sure I only have one." "I have none. I used to have a lot. I don't know what I did. They don't like me anymore though."

"Do you have a phone?" "No" "Oh". I had an old phone at home, I'll just give it to him tomorrow. The bell rung as we went to P.E.

[8th period]
We were in 8th period which is "study hall". We go back to our homerooms and chill there for 50 minutes before it's time to go  home. I got on the bus since my mom works almost everyday.

When I went home my sibling were already there and were fighting. " Go to your rooms, NOW". My head was hurting so I was frustrated. I cleaned the whole downstairs so my mom didn't  have to come back home yelling.

I went upstairs and started cleaning also. I went to the kids room and made sure they were clean. It was now 8:30 so I told them get ready for bed. My mom gets off at ten and wanted them in bed by 9:00.

I went to my room and grabbed my box filled with random stuff off the shelf and got my old iPhone XR. I powered it on and put it on the charger.

I had just bought the new iPhone 12 with my hard earned money. The XR had about 18 days before I had to pay the bill.  I went to Apple Music and played Summer Walker's Still over it album and walked to my connected bathroom.

Before I got in the shower, I lathered my face with soap. When I got out, I took all my stuff off my old phone. I powered it off since it was on 100%. By now it was 10:00 and I was ready to go to bed.

I bent down and prayed. As I prayed I remembered Aner and prayed for him too. I checked my tik tok to see I had gained 1k followers. I had posted a tik tok 3 days ago that went viral. I was now at 528k. 10 minutes later I was knocked out.

___________________

First chapter yall 👀