Chapter 3: Demon of Old

The Ragnvindr Household (3rd Person Pov)

Ai and Diluc peered down at the woman who had smashed through the roof of his house, pleading for aid before passing out.

Ai: What are we going to do?

When Ai went forward, ready to jump down to the girl, Diluc stopped her by extending his hand in front of her.

Ai: What are you doing?

Diluc: Don't get close to her.

Ai: Why?

Diluc: Can't you see? She's a demon.

Ai: A demon? You mean they actually exist? I thought they were just a myth.

Diluc: No, we devils originated from demons; I had assumed that pure-blooded demons were extinct, but it appears that I was mistaken.

Diluc leapt down the crater and landed next to the demon girl.

Ai: I thought you said not to get close to her!

Diluc: I didn't mean for you to get close to her; it's alright if I do since I'm not easily knocked down...

Diluc kneeled in front of the girl and lifted his hand above her head just as she regained awareness. She concentrated on Diluc's hand then on his face before suddenly jumping up and kicking him in the face, which he caught with his bare hands.

Diluc: So you want to break into my house and wreck everything, then plead for my aid, pass out, and then attack me? You demons don't have any sense of etiquette, do you?

The girl let out a gasp before retracing her leg from Diluc's grasp and bowing in front of him.

???: I apologise.

Diluc: It's fine, now tell me, what are you doing here? In fact, how are you here?

???: I don't know; all I know is that I was imprisoned and then was abruptly released, but I was falling from the sky.

The girl pointed to the sky causing Diluc to frown

???: I landed here and just didn't know what to say...

Diluc: (Didn't know what to say huh? Well it doesn't look like she's in need of any help, that fall looks like it barely scratched her, she's got some endurance I'll give her that) Hmm... Ai.

Ai: Yes Master?

Diluc: Get Kuroka down here, I think we're going to have a small chat before we go to collect the others.

-----

Diluc was sitting on a sofa in his living room, with Ai next to him and the mystery demon girl across the room, and none of them said anything until Kuroka stepped in with tired eyes, shattering the silence.

Kuroka: You called for me, Diluc?