Chapter 5

The Next Day

Everyone was in the canteen eating their lunch and discussing about their 1 week break that will start in two days except Monami and Sid.

Chitra: where is #doctor and #sid?

Sumanji: Yeah, where are they? Siddarth also never attend today's drill

Bala: In the morning he said that he had something important to do and went to see Batra Sir, maybe Doctor Madam knows something

The trainer's table

Faizi: Sanju, what did you do to scare away Chirukut?

Sanjana: Sirji, I-I-I didn't do anything

Karan: Faizi!

Faizi: I am just saying..

Karan: Faizidin Siddique please shut up, you want to know where Sid is ask Monami, she is coming now

Faizi turns around to see Monami coming towards them: Arrey! I think that Monami wants to say something!

Monami walks to their table and asks them: Do you guys know where Sid is?

Karan: Kya Baat Hai, you don't know where your best friend is?

Monami: He is been missing since last night

Sanjana: He said he going out to get you something

Monami: Get me something? Get me what? I already forgave him?

Sanjana: I don't know,that's all he said

Monami: Did he say anything else?

Sanjana: Yeah, something about bringing your world to you

Monami looked at Sanjana shocked and teared up.

Monami: He really said that? Oh my god, that means that he is bringing... but how?

Just then Sid entered the canteen from the back exit carrying a roughly 1 year old baby.

Sid: Mona!

Everyone in the canteen turned to look at Sid carrying the baby. When Monami saw the baby, she buckled over falling to the floor before standing up and walking to Sid. She was crying freely now and looking at her face Karan got scared, and worried.

Monami took the baby from Sid and hugged it and kissed and smelled her all over again! Everyone was confused looking at the scene.

Monami: Sid, how? How? What is she doing here?

Sid: You told me that you were worried about her right? That you were scared something will happen to her, so that's why I brought her here! I already took Col. Batra 's permission, he said that we can keep her with you for the holiday!

Monami walked towards Sid while holding baby and hugged him

Monami: Sid, I ...

Sid: Mona, it's okay, I made you a promise remember! And beside we should always trust your instinct when it comes to her.

Karan: Monami, who is this child?

Sid and Monami at the same time: My niece! My daughter!

Karan and everyone looked shocked!

Karan: Your daughter??!!? You are married?

Monami: Yes, she is my daughter, Juhi Anwara Monami and no I am not married!

Faizi: Then how? Like you gave birth to her or...

Monami: Faizi, I gave birth to her, I carried her for 9 months and gave birth to her!

Faizi: Who is the father?

Monami: I don't know and I don't care...Anyways Sid you still didn't tell me how you got the permission.

Monami turned to look at Sid smilingly but looked at his forced smile and immediately knew something was wrong

Monami: He knows about Juhi doesn't he. It was more of a statement than a question!

Sid: I am sorry Mo..but yeah he knew, he sent some people to get her...

Monami: Sid how? How is this possible? Whenever we visited her, we never took any chances, we left behind our gadgets, we made sure no one followed then how?

Sid: I am not sure but don't worry I will find out and take care of it!

Karan's POV

Now it all makes sense...all the times they said they forgot to wear their watches...all the times that she looked so happy when the weekends are near...so what she wanted to say yesterday was pregnant...so this is the special someone that helped my monami get over her Bhai's death...but who is the father of the baby...she sais she don't know but how is that possible, she is not a playgirl...did her ex get her pregnant and left her...aaaahhh I can't keep up with this thoughts, I need to talk to her immediately...but who found out about the baby... and why does Sid say he will take care of it...and who are the people that were sent to get her...what in the hell is going on exactly...just how many secrets is Monami hiding...first her bhai's death, now this baby...what's next...how many problems does she have exactly...aarrggh...mona, mona what am I going to do

Karan jerked back in shock and still thinking to himself

What the hell?...why do I care so much about her...why do I want to know what happened to her...why is she consuming my thoughts so easily?

Narrater POV

Monami asked Karan when he jerked back: Karan what happened?

Karan: Ah nothing, nothing at all.

Monami looked at Karan's face filled with questions and doubt but did nothing to clear them. She couldn't, she didn't want to give him hope, she knew that once Karan started loving, his love is unconditional and strong which is why she confessed first when he was still confused about his feelings, she knew what he felt towards her was not just care of a trainer but also a care of a man, she knew that when he went out of his way for him, it was because he loved her as a man loves a woman, she knew it since the first day, but she can't let him get tangled up in her web of games and pain, he doesn't deserve it. If she stayed any longer she knew that he would ask questions and she don't want to reveal her past not just yet.

Monami: Guys I am gonna go and get ready for the New Year Party, see you later.

Monami left the canteen carrying Juhi.

Karan: Sid, who knows about that child, and what do you mean by 'he' sent people to get her? Who is that 'he'? Is it Monami's father or that child's father

Sid: I am sorry but I can't say that, it's not my place to say, if you want to know, the only person who will tell is Monami herself, it's got do with her past and until she feels comfortable with you, she won't say so.....

Karan: If you.....

Sid: Karan, stop, don't try to say anything else, I won't change my mind on this matter!

Saying so Sid also left the canteen and slowly everyone left to get ready for New Year's with confused state of mind.

Hi, I am so so so sorry for not updating sooner, I am so so sorry sorry, I had exams and I got COVID-19 so that's why I couldn't update sooner, I am so sorry again guys. Hope you like the update!