"Hey," he said. 

I glanced at him quickly. "Hey." I took a peek at his clothes. 

He wore a thin and flowy, summer, faded blue-grey button-up with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. With that, he was wearing matching shorts, just a shade paler. He had on sneakers and a baseball cap on his head. 

We stepped into the elevator and I pressed the button to the lobby, both of us standing in silence. I thanked God when we finally got to the lobby and walked out, quickly spotting the ones who were already here sitting on the couches, waiting for the rest. I walked over, sitting on the armrest of the couch beside Dad once I greeted everyone. "Who are we still waiting on?" I asked. 

"The twins," Remy answered. 

"And Georgia," aunt Bethany added. 

I nodded in understanding as everyone got back to their conversations. I turned to my dad, patting his shoulder. He faced me, eyebrows raised. "Aren't we missing someone on the trip?" 

He nodded. "I know. Janice." 

Aunt Janice is Dad's cousin sister. She was supposed to come here but she wasn't sure if she could make it, last I checked. Aunt Janice is the cool aunt. She's not married, she has a new boyfriend every time I speak to her, she's always traveling because she works with a travel magazine, and every time she visits, she brings us gifts. And alcohol. It's been a while since I last saw her, so I was looking forward to meeting her on this trip. 

If she makes it. 

"She'll fly in today evening," Dad replied. 

"She said so?" 

He hummed, nodding. "She wouldn't miss Remy's or your wedding for the world. She took the rest of the week off. She's coming straight from Barcelona." 

"Ooh la la," I chuckled with him. "So, how are we all getting to Old town Marbella? Cabs?" 

He nodded again. "We all figured it would be more convenient and cheaper. We're blowing a lot on the engagement party and wedding," he mumbled. "To be honest, I don't understand why they want an engagement party. They already got engaged, why the announcement?" He huffed softly. 

"Dad, she's only getting married once. Go all out for it. You'll regret it if you don't, you know." 

"I know, I know. But you'll get married one day too. What about saving for that, hmm?" 

I sighed, resting my arm over his shoulders. "That day is very, very far away. And by then, I'm sure we'll have more than enough," I laughed. "Plus, I save for my wedding too, you know that, don't you? And look, I know I'm your favorite, but you have got to stop making it so obvious." 

He rolled his eyes just as I spotted the twins and Georgia jogging over. 

"Sorry we're late," Ava exhaled. 

"It's okay, Emma." Aspen smiled at them. 

"I'm Ava," she replied hesitantly. 

He sighed in defeat, shaking his head and facing Remy. "I'll never be able to tell." 

She laughed, taking his hand and both of them heading out first. All of us followed and by the time we made it out, it was decided that whoever you stood with, you'd share a cab with them. Old town Marbella wasn't too far from here, twenty minutes tops.