Chapter III

A Perfect Thing.

Chapter III

---

[Vic]

'Vic!' Tony yelled as he covered his mouth.

His eyes darting from Cara's body in my arms to the gun in my hand.

'N-No Tony.' I sighed. 'Read this.' I said before handing him the yellow note.

I rocked Cara and I back and forth, I just couldn't believe she was gone. It wasn't possible. She said she'd never leave me.

Ever.

'Oh dear. I'm so sorry Vic.' Tony said apologetically.

'She said she'd never leave me T-Tone. What am I supposed to do now? I can't live without her. We were going to have a child.'

'I know it hurts a lot, but you have to be strong. C-Cara would have wanted you to be strong. I know she's looking down at you and she's frowning.' Tony said with tears running down his cheeks. 'Be strong.'

'But she's gone Tone. She was all I had. Without her there is no me. I can't go on.'

'I know this might hurt, but things happen for a reason. I'm so sorry for your loss.'

---

~~ a week later at Cara's funeral~~

People were just beginning to arrive. The black chairs were full, people dressed in black sitting on them.

Tony had invited Jaime, his craxy-haired, weird friend.

The night we went to dinner he was hyper and full of energy, but today he was sad.

I hope nothing had happened to him. I couldn't bear to see someone else go through the same thing that I'm going through. Nobody deserves it.

---

[Jaime]

~~flashback~~

 Week one without Jessica has been one of the hardest of my life. Now that I think about it, most of my time had been devoted to her. And now that I'm not with her it seems like I have no life.

As I sat on the edge of my bed, I received a text message.

Jessica: I'm so sorry Jaime. I just can't keep living my life without you. There's no point in going on so this is goodbye. Have a great life. I'll always love you.

For one; why did I still have her number? Second; what the hell was she thinking? Third; is she going to kill herself?

I wasn't about to second guess her, so I immediately grabbed my keys and phone, dashing down the stairs and into my car.

Hopefully she hasn't done anything stupid yet.

~

When I arrived to Jessica's house, I immediately went upstairs.

I had no time to waste.

She was sitting on the edge of her bed with the botle of pills in her hand.

'I'm sorry you had to see me go like this.' she cried.

'No Jessica, you can't go like this. There must be something I can do.' I said slowly walking up to her and sitting down.

'I need you in my life. P-Please give me one more chance.'

I sighed as I looked down at my hands.