six

Devon

Harry has a pretty weird schedule. The days he works during the week vary and he's never in the studio at the same time. He starts his day whenever his first client has an appointment, and usually stays ten to twelve hours after that. For three days this week responses were spotty, but for the most part, he's doing pretty good on the communication front.

This week, he was working Monday, Wednesday and Thursday at the shop, so we decided on a Tuesday night dinner. I worked an extra hour of overtime, so it kind of made sense to just meet somewhere at six thirty to have a meal. We're meeting at this nice steakhouse that's pretty much a ten minute drive from my job and I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty excited. I even wore a really cute dress today and I feel just amazing.

As I walk out of the office, I say bye to some of my coworkers with a smile. On my walk out to my car, I text Harry and let him know I'm leaving and I text Arden too. She's been supportive of me going on a second date with him. She reaffirmed my thoughts of how we're just getting to know each other and things are bound to be awkward and weird, but that he seemed genuine about wanting to be better.

Honestly, I believe him too. He has been putting in the effort and trying to at least text me once every day. Even if it's an audio message. It's sweet seeing how hard he's trying and I really appreciate it since no guy has ever shown me that I'm worth the effort.

I get to the restaurant first, so I let Harry know and go inside. It's really nice inside, not a super fancy and expensive steakhouse, but nice enough where it warrants a dress and a reservation. I'm interested to see what Harry might be wearing, though it will probably be something black and pretty plain.

My expectations for the night are average. I think I've gotten over the initial shock of how handsome Harry is and wanting to jump him and have sex all night long. It's also partially trauma since he rejected me the last time, but we're moving past that. I'm just not keeping my hopes up for anything happening tonight in that region. We both came in separate cars, so there's a giant chance we're leaving in two cars. And it's probably for the best.

Harry lets me know to go inside and get our table since he's about a minute away, and he assures me that he's at a stop light and not texting while actively driving. Good. I go inside and to the hostess, giving her the name for the reservation and letting her know that Harry's on his way now. She leads me to a small booth in a nice little corner, which I definitely think is the best spot in the restaurant.

While I wait for Harry, I get started looking at the menu. There are quite a few options, and I'm starting to feel hungry since I skipped out on lunch. I got busy and then didn't want to eat too late and ruin dinner.

Right before I could make a decision, a familiar tattooed man walks up to the table. I look up, my grin growing ten times the size when I see he's holding a small bouquet of flowers in his hands. I get up, giving him a quick hug before looking at the flowers. His large hand still holds my waist as he grins at me. "For you, pretty girl."

"They are so beautiful, Harry. Thank you so much." I smile, hugging him tight one more time. He kisses my cheek and I pull back, pecking his lips with a smile before taking the bouquet and sliding back into the booth. He slides in on the other side, looking perfectly handsome in a typical but very fitted black button down and black trousers.

"Of course, Devon. Have you ordered anything yet?" he asks, watching me admire the flowers for a few more seconds before picking up his own menu.

"No, not yet. I was waiting for you."

When the waiter comes, we order our drinks and appetizers, but let him know we still need more time before we know what to have for dinner. He orders a whiskey, while I stick to my favorite white wine.