Chapter Forty Two

Start from the beginning

But of course, Yuji being Yuji...

He did the total opposite.

He has her crushed in his arms as he weeps on her shoulder, and Nobara could do nothing but stay still, her eye wide and glassy.

Her lips part to say something, anything, but no words come out.

"You've got to be kidding me." Maki says, shock apparent in her voice.

Nobara locks her eyes with everyone, taking in their shocked expressions.

She has no idea what to say.

Especially when Megumi's arms come around both his friends, and when she heard him sniff silently, trying to hide the fact he's crying, Nobara's lips tremble and she slowly hugs them back.

Panda starts crying too, and pulls them into a literal bear hug.

"I should have made a more dramatic return, right?" Nobara jokes through her weeps as she tightens her arms around her friends.

"Leave that to Gojo Sensei." Megumi says.

"You owe us lots of explanations, Nobara." Maki says, putting a hand on her hip while flicking Nobara's forehead.

"I know..." She manages a weak smile while wincing at the small physical attack.

The door swings open.

A chilling snowy breeze enters and it makes the group part from their embrace.

Even if Nobara didn't turn around immediately, she already knows who stands at the door.

Gojo Sensei and Tanaka Sensei.

She swallows hard, and ever so slowly she turns around.

They look the same, except Tanaka Sensei's hair changed a little, but both of her Senseis look the same as she last saw them.

Their eyes are sharp, fists ready, until-

They notice Nobara standing in the middle.

Like slow motion, their eyes widen in sync, the realization chilling the air to ice and even colder.

Even the silence is enough to hear the nervous and surprised heartbeats of everyone.

Tanaka Sensei puts a hand to her mouth, not believing the sight before her.

Gojo Sensei's lips part slightly, eyes locked on Nobara's remaining one. "Nobara?" He asks.

Nobara swallows again, but her throat is too dry. She's at a loss of words, and it takes her a moment before, "Hey." She says nervously.

She didn't see her two Senseis coming to her until she's trapped in their arms, and given she never recieved such friendly-Sensei affection, especially from Gojo Sensei, Nobara's face redden.

But despite the girl she is... Her eye tears up, and she could never be more grateful.

They pull back and looking at their faces was harder than Nobara thought.

"Thank goodness..." Tanaka Sensei weeps, wiping her eyes with her sleeves.

Gojo Sensei smiles in genuine relief. "It's good to see you again, Nobara."

Their voices... Nobara never thought she'd actually miss their voices.

"Well..." Doctor Junichi says.

Tanaka Sensei looks at him. "So that's where you were going all this time."

"Yes." He and Nobara share a look.