²⁸ miles and lexie

*for best experience while reading, i suggest to listen to black out days (remix) by phantogram*

LEXIE TOOK SHAKY STEPS DOWN THE CORRIDOR, not even sure what to make of everything that just happened. all she knew was that she wanted to die.

"so what was the point of lying?" a voice stopped her,

lexie stopped dead in her tracks, turning around to be faced with noah, who, was leaning against the wall with his arms crossed, giving her a knowing look.

"i'm sorry i don't know what you're talking about" lexie replied, causing noah to sigh loudly before speaking again,

"we both know miles is the father of your baby" noah said as he shot a look down to lexies abdomen and back up to her face. lexie chewed on her bottom lip before speaking,

"no he isnt noah" lexie said shakily,

"lexie youre only lying to yourself right now, you admitted it, not using protection with him—" noah began saying,

"—i didn't use protection with timmy either" she snapped at him,

"and what did one do that the other didn't?" he raised a brow, lexie sucked in a heavy breath before turning around and walking back down the hallway.

"you cant tell someone theyre the father of a baby when they're not, it's not fair to timmy, or miles for that matter" noah said to her as she walked away, lexie froze.

"and what about me?! how is any of this fair to me?!" lexie whipped her head around, throwing her hands up and letting them slap down at her thighs loudly.

"i'm supposed to what, tell miles of all people that he's going to have to take care of me and a baby for fucks sake when he's a more sickening version of himself when he was eighteen!" she shouted at noah, storming back over to him.

noah turned his head to the side as he inhaled deeply, knowing lexie was right.

"you still can't make timmy think he's a fucking father because of it!" he shouted back at her as he snapped his head down at her,

"miles is an a-addict" lexie felt tears welling up in her eyes as she began struggling to say the words, not wanting any of it to be true.

"he's also an alcoholic noah, do you think i want my baby surrounded by any of it?" lexie felt a stab in her throat as she desperately tried to hold her tears back, she didn't know what the hell to do.

"and what is your baby gonna think when they find out their mother is no better?" noah said, giving her an intense look.

"im not a fucking addict!" lexie shouted at him before pushing him back roughly, noah pursed his lips before grabbing lexies hands aggressively,

"you have relapsed so many times that you have lost count, you are in no way shape or form better than miles" he lowly said to her in a stern voice, lexie had never heard noah be so serious.

and so intimidating.

the smack of harsh reality that noah just gave her sent her spiraling down, tears flowing from her eyes, tears of denial and disappointment, in herself and her situation.