Chapter 1

Chapter One

"No Mary! I'm not going to fight over this anymore! My daughter has never cared or talked to me before- and you like this! I just can't handle this anymore!"

"James! Please! Immanuel can hear us from down here!"

"Well you can give her up for adoption since you don't want to take care of her by yourself. Who needs a stupid daughter who doesn't care about me! Jane is pregnant for peat sake! I might get a kid who actually likes me then!"

"Well she doesn't like me either you know! And yeah, I will give Emma, I mean Immanuel up for adoption!"

That was when I walked into the room. I heard the whole thing. Don't even ask me who Jane is. I have no clue. Whoever she is, she is pretty stupid for partly making Mary and James- (I mean mom and dad, but it's not like I call them that) get divorced.

Hmmmm.... Let's see what else I don't like about this conversation. Well I hate when my mom calls me Immanuel. What else? Oh yea. THEY WANT TO GIVE ME UP FOR ADOPTION! Wow I sure got blessed with amazing parents. It's not like they were blessed either, with a good daughter. Instead they got me -a pathetic worthless girl with no friends at all. Yes, that's me. It's hard to admit, but it's true. The only friends I have are my imaginary friends named Julie, Ally, and Jason. I named Jason after this cute guy at school. Imaginary Jason is my "boyfriend". Julie and Ally are my best friends (also named after these girls at school).  

*******************

"Eek! I can't believe you and Jason are going on your first date!"

"Shut up Ally. Someday you will find love too, "I said annoyed.

"Yeah Ally. It's not your first date," Said Julie snobbishly.

"Hey! Not very nice Julie," Ally retorted.

"You guys! Stop fighting! Anyways I need help with picking out my outfit for my date with Jason."

"Fine!" Julie snapped at me.

"Okay fine," Ally said.

We ended up picking a sparkly pink dress with a fluffy white scarf. It was perfect. Here I was, ready to walk out of the door to my first date with Jason.