Summer Nightmares

Start from the beginning

She didn't speak a word and I was actually scared to look in her direction. I glanced at her from the corner of my eye and noticed her staring out of the window in a complete daze. What do I do now.

She Seemed To Snap Out Of It And Exited The Car And Shut The Door Behind her. I got out of the car quickly and took hold of her arm.

"Krystal talk to me," I plead.

She turned to look at me for a moment and before I knew it her hand connected to my cheek with full force. That slap was loud and it hurt like hell! I bite my tongue down and kept my hands to my sides, knowing I deserved that for hurting her.

It seemed since the day we got together, things were happening to ruin us and to keep us apart. Was our love against nature? I was starting to agree that it was.

"You can consider this," Krystal said pointing between us," over. "

She turned around and headed into the house. I followed behind her and kept my head down as I entered the house. I could hear Krystal yelling and I already knew at whom...Junior.

"Yo chill!" I Heard Oscar say.

"You should be the last one to be defending him," she snapped.

"What? " he says completely confused.

"Your 'homeboy' kissed my girlfriend, " she clarified.

There was silence as the obvious was sinking in. I just wanted to go home now and sleep until school started.

I heard foot steps coming into the living room and I was unable to budge. My feet seemed glued to the floor, as my brain was screaming for me to run in the other direction.

"Jessie!" Oscar hollered.

I didn't bother answering when my silence could do all the talking.

"Is it true?" He asked, while hope glistened in his eyes.

All I could do was look away, not baring the look he was giving me.

"it is," he said barely above a whisper.

"Drowsy, it's my fault," Junior tries the defend me.

"No shit," Krystal scoffs.

"it's okay Junior," I whisper.

"Jess," Junior says my name with guilt.

"No, it is. I kissed Junior and I didn't stop it, " I tell them.

"Get out," Oscar growled.

"This is my house, you can't make her leave," Junior fumed.

"Then I'll find another place to stay," Oscar says.

"No, I'll leave," I say stopping him in his tracks.

I turn around and make my way out but Junior stopped me and gave me his keys, "Here, text me later."

I give him a nod and glance over at the two people I hurt in a short time.

**********

Junior's POV

She walked out with her head held down and as I heard the door shut my heart seem to sink to the pit of my stomach. I couldn't believe that only in a matter of minutes two people that she cared about most, seemed to be furious about something that I wanted, something that I've been wanting to do with her but they didn't seem to understand that me kissing her was not her fault. I wanted to kiss her so badly that I wasn't thinking of who I was going to hurt in the process, I was just thinking of myself.