chapter 14 ✧ Autumn Leaves ✧

When Jaehyun returned to Paris Baguette, Jungwoo was nowhere to be found. He decided to sit at the table directly facing the large windows and placed an adjacent bar stool closer to him as if he was on a date. After a few minutes he heard that voice which ingrained itself in his brain and  looked around to find its source.

"Sorry to keep you waiting, I was preparing some drinks," Jungwoo said excitably. Really, he was just being meek. He noticed the moment Jaehuyun left but trusted he would return. No matter their actions, they returned back to one another.

Jae's eyes widened. He looked at the three drinks and confirmed they were all for him. He was pleasantly surprised by the careful selection. They were all his favorites-especially the latte, that Jungwoo knew as his fan. "Thank you," he said amusingly, "I'm going to be wide awake tonight."

Jungwoo snickered at the statement. Was this his way of intoxicating his crush by making him high from caffeinated beverages? He felt a little devious for some reason. He sat in the stool that was carefully placed by Jaehyun without hesitation.

"So," Jaehyun said while looking around innocently as if he hadn't already memorized the entire floorplan,"This is where you work?"

"This is my cafe," Jungwoo flung about his arms as if he was a Mayor presenting some project.

"Your cafe?" Jaehyun chuckled, "can I hold a meet and greet here?"

Jungwoo's head bobbled about as if he was caught off guard, "Um uhh...you would do that...here?"

"Sure," Jaehyun shrugged.

"W-why?" Jungwoo questioned. He wanted to hear it was because of him but knew that was an impossible reason.

"I would like to impress someone," he said nonchalantly. He finished his first beverage but because the cup was still warm, held it tightly in his hands.

Jungwoo became nervous because he knew about his public split from his ex. "Could I ask who," he said genuinely. He posed it as a statement rather than a question because he knew it was private information...but he couldn't help but want to comfort him.

"There's a person who inspired me to keep going... I hope they are happy with me."

Jungwoo emphasized the story for some reason and felt he knew that person's heart. "I'm sure they are," he smiled. "Wherever they were, I'm sure they're proud of all you've become."

Although Jungwoo didn't realize, Jae looked at him so warmly as if he knew he could make him feel better with the perfect words. "Thanks kiddo," he said simply while humming pleasantly to the background music.

Jungwoo suddenly cleared his throat in a theatrical way, "By the way, I wanted to apologize for appearing drunk in front of you, I was so nerv-" Jaehyun placed his arm on Jungwoo's shoulder ever so lightly,"It's okay."

Jungwoo gazed at the hand sitting on his shoulder and felt like a weirdo for taking notice of the contours and texture. How are his hands so smooth, he thought distractedly.

"I had a blast with you..." Jaehyun continued.

Jae's words were blending in with the background music because Jungwoo could only focus on those hands with his eyes trailing to those arms and that collarbone...then his lips and cheekbone...

Jaehyun finally dropped his hand. He was starting his final drink which was cold and reached for a napkin to place around it so that it wouldn't melt onto the table. He then returned his attention to the sun on the horizon. As it sat in the distance it looked as if it was hanging around in the sky until the moon agreed it could set. It casted a beautiful hue into the cafe. Jaehyun felt at peace in the current moment and pondered about Jungwoo's words wondering how he could reach that person again...