Dinner Gone Wrong

sorry if this one's weird or cringe,,, idk guys 😭
quick cw: alcohol abuse on the last sentence
...
"[name], I'm so happy you could join us for dinner tonight." Alma said, pulling out a chair for you to sit at the table. Of course, it was right next to Bruno. You bit your lip and took a deep breath before thanking her and sitting down. He glanced your way for a second and your eyes met before he looked away once again.

Everyone talked amongst themselves while you sat with your hands in your lap, looking around. Camilo was sitting on your left, talking with Dolores.

"Everyone!" Alma started as she walked to her seat. "Today is a very important day because the casita has been rebuilt, the power is restored, and Bruno has returned. I'm very proud of all of you for helping. Please, eat."

You began to eat. It was good, very good, but you couldn't help but watch Bruno. He picked at his food and seemed uncomfortable eating with the others, rightfully so.

You couldn't take your eyes off of him, and he began to notice. His eyes glanced back up to you before you quickly looked away awkwardly.

"You're staring." he said quietly, trying to make sure nobody heard. Your cheeks flushed red as you continued to pick at your food and look anywhere but at him. He chuckled slightly under his breath. "Do you want to talk about it?" he mumbled softly.

"Talk about what?" you muttered quietly.

"That whole situation between you and me a while ago. Are you ok?" he questioned, looking into your eyes again.

"I'd rather not talk about our fight when we're eating with your family, tonto." you said, a bit louder than you wanted to say. Everybody turned to you both. You sighed and covered your face, looking down at the table.

"Fight? What fight?" Julieta asked

You said a few curses under your breath. There was silence at the table as you stood up and grabbed your plate, leaving quickly. You ran from the dining room and Bruno followed you out.

"[Name]!" he shouted after you. He jogged towards you, following you through the corridor as you grabbed your jacket from the coat hanger. You didn't answer, continuing to walk. "Stop. Don't run, [name]."

"I'm not talking with you about this." you said, looking back at him for a second. He frowned, confused. You grabbed your jacket and put it on.

"Wait, I can explain-"

"No. Leave me alone." you said firmly, turning to leave. He stopped moving forward and turned to follow you out. "This isn't a conversation we can have right now. Not here. Not while your family can hear us." you added, looking over your shoulder. He stared at you with wide eyes as everyone else stared at you, waiting for an explanation.

"But..." he said lowly, trailing off.

"Leave me alone, Bruno."

"...Alright." he sighed and stepped back. You turned around and headed home.

On your walk, you began to think. You thought about you and Bruno, saddening as you realized what you had done.

You thought about running back to him, apologizing, and trying to rebuild your relationship, but it was too late. It was too late to apologize and it was too late to forgive.

You walked home quickly, not stopping for anything. Some townspeople that stayed out at night looked your way, whispering amongst themselves about you, but you ignored them and hurried home, walking inside and placing your hands on the table, accidentally knocking some things off as you tried to regain your balance. You felt your eyes begin to water as you reached for the bottle of Aguardiente.