Soulmates

Ok in this soulmates can hear each others thoughts but can't give any personal details, they will find each other all in due time. Also tw for mentions of Jan van eck and some of the abuse he put wylan through. This is a quite angsty but oh well

For as long as Jesper could remember he had always had a soulvoice. 

Sunshine (the nickname he had given his soulmate) had been his best friend when he was younger, always there for him, as sunshine was always there for Jesper. 

 As he grew older he realised he had fallen deeply in love with his other half and found himself constantly dreaming of meeting him. 

No one knew Jesper better than sunshine and he hoped it was the same for his soulmate. 

He hadn't heard sunshine's soulvoice in a while now and assumed he was just napping or something along the lines, perhaps playing the beloved flute Jesper had heard so much about since he was a young boy. 

He didn't dare think it was worse but there was the possibility and he hated, not for the first time, the fact that he didn't know any personal details about sunshine which meant Jesper couldn't save him from his terrible father. 

That bought him to think of all the memories he and his sunshine had had together - even if they couldn't see each other. 

Age 7 

Jesper had been playing in the Jurda fields in the farm when he heard excited thoughts from his soulvoice. 

:

[JES JES!!]

Yes sunshine?

[Mama just got me the most beautiful instrument in the world!] 

Ooo that's so cool! I wish I was there so I could see it...

[Oh jes, I wish you were here as well! but mama says we will meet together one day and we will then be able to play together forever!!]

YES THEN WE CAN GET A GOAT CALLED MILO AND LIVE ON A FARM TOGETHER BECAUSE WE'RE BEST FRIENDS!

[BEST FRIENDS FOREVER!]

:

Age 10

It had been a week since jespers ma had passed and he had really tried to be a grown up boy about it but he just wanted to cry.

:

[hey jes, I know you're not doing so well, but I want to be there for you like you've always been there for me. Just know it's ok to cry and that I'll always love you and be there for you]

Sunshine ... I just want her back  ... and I really want you here with me 

[One day we'll meet, it's like mama used to say and what you're ma used to say, one day I'll be able to hug you all I want]

I love you sunshine - best friends forever?

[Best friends forever]

:

Age 13

Jesper was now well aware of what sunshines father did to him. In a fit of anger at the thought of his sweet, innocent sunshine getting hurt, he hit a wall breaking his knuckles in the process.

He had told his da and he to was angry but regretfully told Jesper he couldn't do anything about it which angered Jesper even more. 

He was helping out with the animals when I very panicked soulvoice cut through his thoughts - he knew that after one of sunshines fathers 'lessons' sunshine lost control of his soulvoice and accidentally pushed all his negative thoughts so Jesper could hear them - this is how Jesper found about his soulmates abusive father. 

:

[Worthless illiterate idiot, no one could love you, father's right why would anyone love an illiterate fool. I deserved those beatings it was a lesson I deserved]

NO LISTEN TO ME SUNSHINE - I LOVE YOU - I LOVE YOU WITH ALL MY HEART. I COULDNT CARE LESS ABOUT YOU NOT BEING ABLE TO READ IT DOESNT MAKE A DIFFERENCE. 

[Jes do you really mean it?  I don't blame you if you don't want me as you're soulmate anymore]

SUNSHINE WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT. I WOULDNT SWAP YOU FOR THE WORLD. I MEAN EVERY WORD. I TRUELY LOVE YOU 

[jes I can't wait to meet you]

Either can I sunshine! I'm particularly excited to get you out of you're evil fathers grip so we can go live on a farm with milo the goat. 

[My father isn't that evil he only says the truth]

Please don't tell me you believe that. I beg sunshine you are not an idiot or unlovable or worthless because I love you so much and I know in my heart you are none of those things - it's a soulmate thing.

[I love you jes - best friends forever?]

Best friends forever.

:

Today

By now Jesper was completely and irrevocably in love with his soulmate he couldn't wait to see him. He was just about to take a sip of the beer in his hands when a panicked soulvoice cut across his conscience.

:

[Where am I??! What if they come back to kill me! I think this is the barrel if I remember correctly.] 

Sunshine!! The barrel?? Get away from there it's covered in criminals! And who is trying to kill you! Wait did you say the barrel but... I'm there

:

But his sunshine had either ignored him or not heard over his panicked thinking (most likely the latter) 

Jesper swivelled around on his chair to see a curly mop of beautiful ginger hair, a pale complexion covered in freckles which looked like stars and I the centre of this beauty was gorgeous blue eyes clearer that water. 

Wylan and jespers eyes met up across the room and they both grinned in excitement forgetting where they were and the circumstances 

:

You really do live up to your nickname, sunshine.

:

This was a bit rushed but oh well