𝙱𝙻𝚄𝙴 𝙰𝙽𝙳 𝚁𝙴𝙳

Start from the beginning

Vienna gasped for air with her face pressed into the cool hardwood. What time was it even? Vienna peered under her bed, she could see a dim light shining through her apartment window and onto the floor.

Must be close to 7:00 am.

But that was beside the point. Vienna could hardly breathe. Her concern shouldn't have been the time. It should've been the fact that her oxygen intake level was low, too low. Let's not forget that her back also felt like it was on fire too.

She had enough. Vienna pushed off the floor,  ❝FuCk.❞ , in pain. Why was her entire body aching? Did Peter get home safely after he dropped her off last night? That was too much to think about.

Once Vienna stood up she rushed into her bathroom. The girl felt queasy, she chalked it up to the LED lights in the washroom, they were too bright and made her nauseous.

Vienna placed her hands out in front of her. They were shaky and pale, awfully pale. What was going on? They almost looked as pale as her skin in the nightmare...

Her nightmare. That reminded her of the excruciating ache in her ribs. Vienna rubbed the sleep from her soil brown eyes and looked in the mirror. Fuck, she looked ghastly. Her eyes were red and sunken. The dark circles beneath them were far from welcoming.

PANG

PANG

PANG

And that forsaken pain up her back and ribs wouldn't falter. Her nightmare had never been this horrific. It never actually inflicted pain upon her body. Vienna looked down at her thin pyjama shirt. She decided to lift it up and look at the places her pain manifested from.

❝Holy shit.❞  Vienna mumbled.

The girl reached up and touched her ribs. They were a horrendous shade of red and purple. Vienna gasped at the sight. Her Oscorp injuries had been a green shade yesterday, she swore. This looked fresh, too fresh. Vienna took a shaky breath a turned to look at her back.

There, on her back, was the rash from the Oscorp chemical bomb. Originally it was a little patch on her lower back but not anymore. The burn had spread up her spine and it left behind a blueish trail. What the fuck? That wasn't there yesterday. How did that happen overnight? Had it been like that for days and she hadn't noticed?

Vienna shut her eyes. How was this possible?

What was she going to do?

The hospital told her that if her wounds got worse to visit emerge. But, Vienna was stubborn and hated doctors. She sure as hell wasn't going back.  And she sure as hell wasn't going to tell her dad either. He would just end up calling her mom and then, well, unless Vienna was dying... she never wanted to see her mother again.
Not after all the years Vienna spent under her roof but barely got to see her.

❝Shit.❞

Vienna reached forward and grabbed the bathroom countertop. Something didn't feel right. But, who was she gonna tell?

Well, the first person that came to mind was Darius. But, Vienna knew he'd be asleep till 3pm. And if there was one thing that boy needed... it was beauty sleep.

Gwen? Jesus, no. They'd just started to become close friends. After the Oscorp bomb they only exchanged numbers. Vienna made a mental note to text her later.

Peter? Well, that would work. Peter could help her and probably heal her wounds with all that knowledge he kept.

Vienna looked down at the watch on her wrist. 6:50 am. By the time she made it to Peter's house it would be past 7:00 am. Peter would definitely be up and Aunt May would probably be home.