🌸𝚆𝚑𝚘 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞? 𝚙𝚝3 𝚁𝚎𝚘/𝙺𝚎𝚗𝚜𝚎𝚒🌸

꧁ᵖˡᵉᵃˢᵉ ʳᵉᵃᵈ ᵗʰⁱˢ ᶠⁱʳˢᵗ꧂
𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚜𝚘 𝙸 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚒𝚝!

Shinozaki's pov:
I was stunned. He just asked me out. On a date. With him. I could feel my face heat up. My heartbeat started beating faster and faster as we stood there face to face. I could still feel his hot forehead against mine. "But y-you don't even know who I am," I said.
"Maybe, but I still want to get to know you better. You don't have to give me an answer right now. Just try to give me an answer before the event's over," he said softly. I sighed as he walked away.
I went to find somewhere to sit and relax. I found an empty wooden bench near the lockers. I sat alone letting my thoughts run wild, 'What am I going to say?' 'Is it even ok for us to date?' 'Would he still want to date me after figuring out who I am?' 'How d-' my thoughts were suddenly interrupted.
"Hey Shinozaki! How you've been?" a blonde headed man said to me.
I suddenly remembered I had my mask on and asked, "How did you know it was me and who are you?"
"It's me, the second prince, Noa Kuonji!" he said enthusiastically.
"Who? And that doesn't explain how you recognized me."
"I'm your rival so it was easy for me to recognize you!" he explained.
I still couldn't recall who he was so I decided to leave and begin stretching.
"Why do you look so down in the dumps?" he asked.
"It's nothing," I said while I stood to leave.
"Really? You look like your heart just got shattered into a thousand tiny pieces! You can tell me, I'll listen."
I didn't know why but for some reason I felt like I needed to confide in someone. So I told him about the situation I was in. "I see," he said, "I never would've guessed you'd have love troubles. I have to go on soon, but just because he wants to beat you doesn't mean he can't also have feelings for you. After all, I consider you my rival but I also think of you as a friend too!"
"...Oh," I said. I think I know my answer now, though I decided to think on it more.
"Well I have to go, wish me luck!"
I sat back down on the bench, my mind blank. I heard the door open again and saw my bodyguard walk in, "Sorry to intrude sir, but I thought I should let you know that you're about to be next."
"It's fine," I said as we walked back towards the rink.

꧁ᵗⁱᵐᵉˢᵏⁱᵖ꧂

3rd pov:
Maeshima stepped onto the ice. He was ready. He was going to beat Reo Shinozaki and win first place.

As Reo walked back towards the rink he saw his partner standing on the ice ready to skate. It seemed they had made eye contact. Kensei smirked as he was given the 'ok' to skate.
Reo watched as his partner began his routine off with a perfect quadruple axel. Reo smiled slightly. His partner had been hiding things from him. But he couldn't complain since he had done the same. Shinozaki watched as Haeshima completed many difficult jumps such as a quad toe loop, triple toe loop, and quadruple axel. (Again) Reo was shocked at how smoothly he landed every time. 'Didn't he say he hasn't skated in 5 years?'
The words Hayato had said ringed in his head, 'The only difference between him and other people that want to beat you is that he can actually do it.'
Reo's shock quickly disappeared. It didn't matter how hard anyone had tried before, no one has ever beaten him and that wasn't about to change.

꧁ᵃᶠᵗᵉʳ ʳᵉᵒ'ˢ ᵖᵉʳᶠᵒʳᵐᵃⁿᶜᵉ꧂

Maeshima wasn't in the least bit shocked. He knew his partner had to be hiding something.
Shinozaki had just completed his routine and had scored second place. The only way to increase his score was to have a better partner performance than first place. The only problem was that his partner was in first place. Reo chuckled, there was no way to become first place in this situation. The only thing he could do was give the best performance he could.
Kensei and Reo were selected to go first. They went to their seperate dressing rooms to change into an outfit their managers had Before they stepped on the ice Kensei asked, "Do you have an answer yet?" Reo looked towards him sheepishly. "Nevermind it's ok if you don't! I was just w-," Kensei had been silenced by a chaste kiss.
Reo silently kissed him while no one was paying attention to them. He pulled away to see Kensei's eyes closed and his face as red as his hair. "I'll go out on a date with you," Shinozaki said shyly. (Did I spell that right? 😐)
"Y-yeah? Aw-awesome," Kensei stuttered out in a daze.

꧁ᵗⁱᵐᵉˢᵏⁱᵖ꧂

After Haeshima had regained his composure they skated their routine perfectly and scored first and second places. After changing into their regular clothes they sat together on a bleacher nearby with no one around. As Reo laid on the red head's shoulder he began to wonder about how his partner would react to him being a supposedly cold hearted skater who was also the person he desperately wanted to beat. He was nervous but there was no going back now.

Haeshima was waiting for this event to be over so he could finally know the name of his lover. And waiting to see if he had beaten a certain skater.
Kensei rested his head on top of Reo's, feeling the warmth of another body close to his. As more pairs skated on the ice the couple sat in waiting.

꧁ᵃⁿᵒᵗʰᵉʳ ᵗⁱᵐᵉˢᵏⁱᵖ꧂
Y'all love my timeskips 😭

After a lot of waiting, (I'm sorryyyyyyy✋😭) the winners were finally called out and were awarded with medals. "First place, 'Red Dog'," the announcer called out.
Maeshima walked up to take his medal and stand in front of the large crowd of civilians and reporters. Smiling, he waved to the crowd. "Second place, 'Ice Prince'," they said.
Reo hid his smile as he came to take second place for the very first time. Haeshima gave him a wide smile as he walked up beside him. He smiled back slightly before facing the large crowd.
"Third place," they finally said, "goes to the 'Second prince'."
After leaving the crowd and parting ways to go give interviews, the announcement was finally made, "Participants may now take off their masks."
Maeshima was standing besides some empty bleachers. He felt a hand on the back of his shoulder, "Looking for someone."
Kensei saw his lover still with his mask on, "How'd you know it was me?"
"I only saw your back but I guessed it was you because of your clothes and hair."
Kensei smirked, "Well?"
"Well what?" Reo asked.
"Well do you still want to go out with someone who just one a skating event who hasn't skated in 5 years?"
Reo laughed. It was a real one, not a small chuckle. "Yes, but... do you still want to go out with... me?" Reo asked while taking off his mask and looking away.
Haeshima wore a face of shock as he saw that his rival had been right under his nose this whole time. He couldn't seem to get any words to come out his mouth. "I guess that's a no," Shinozaki said as he leaned away seeing that Kensei wouldn't respond.
Something snapped inside of Kensei as he suddenly regained focus and pulled Shinozaki closer to him roughly. "Yes. Most definitely yes. Absolutely yes," Kensei finally said.
They shared a deep and passionate kiss before pulling away slowly. "I like you a lot Kensei Haeshima," Reo said.
"I didn't think you remembered me!" Kensei said surprised.
"Of course I do. You always made your skating look so lively and fun. I found it rather breathtaking," Reo explained.
"Wow, well that was unexpected," he laughed, "but I like you a lot too, Reo Shinozaki."

𝑂𝑘 𝑖𝑡'𝑠 𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑟! 𝐼'𝑙𝑙 𝑑𝑜 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑝𝑙𝑒𝑠 𝑡𝑜𝑜 𝑖𝑓 𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑑 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒. 𝐴𝑙𝑠𝑜 𝐼'𝑑 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑎𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝐼 𝑢𝑠𝑢𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑤𝑟𝑖𝑡𝑒 𝑎 𝑙𝑜𝑡 𝑏𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑛 𝐼 𝑑𝑖𝑑 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑠𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑠 𝑠𝑜 𝐼 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑚𝑖𝑠𝑒 𝑛𝑒𝑥𝑡 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒 𝑚𝑦 𝑤𝑟𝑖𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 𝑎 𝑙𝑜𝑡 𝑏𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑟! 𝑇ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑘 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑠𝑜 𝑚𝑢𝑐ℎ 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔! 𝐼 𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑟𝑒𝑐𝑖𝑎𝑡𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑦 𝑠𝑢𝑝𝑝𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑣𝑒 𝑔𝑖𝑣𝑒𝑛 𝑚𝑒! 𝐼'𝑙𝑙 𝑠𝑒𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑖𝑛 𝑚𝑦 𝑛𝑒𝑥𝑡 𝑜𝑛𝑒𝑠ℎ𝑜𝑡!
( ˘ ³˘)♥︎