Chapter 1: Family

Photo is fan art of  Aunt May and Peter, not done by me, of course.

DISCLAIMER: Although threatening to never watch the movies until they hand over the rights, MARVEL and SONY have refused to hand over the royalties, so I guess that some characters are rightfully theirs...

🚨TRIGGER WARNING🚨

"I'll never be like you! Stop acting like you know what's best for me!" I yell, unable to stop the tears from entering my eyes.

"Once you move out you'll be able to make your own decisions, but until then, I'll make the fucken rules in this house!" My father roars back, spittle flying out of his mouth. 

"Don't you understand? WHEN I LOOK BACK ALL I'M EVER GOING TO THINK ABOUT YOU IS HOW MUCH I HATED YOU!" I scream, tears running freely down my face.

"SHOW ME SOME RESPECT! I AM YOUR FATHER!" The man in front of me roars, face red and eyes bulging. 

"IF YOU WANT MY RESPECT THAN YOU BETTER FUCKING EARN IT!" I scream one more time, voice breaking.

⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠

*SLAP

The sound echoes around the kitchen. My head whips back and I stumble back, hand holding my cheek.

No. No, no, no, no, NO, NO

I race up to my room, pushing past my still mother and slamming the door. I run into my room, trembling, and grab my army patterned bag, nearly ripping it in my haste. I stuff my phone and its charger, some gum and headphones into the front pocket, and a spare change of clothes into the other. I hear the kitchen door close. Shit. I freeze. Probably dad coming up for round two. I unfreeze and sprint over to my window. I can hear heavy footsteps coming up the stairs and images of my father make my heart beat in panic. I wrench it open and the rotten wood groans. I dangle my legs over the windowsills coarse wood and drop, the harsh wood scraping my bare legs as I hit the ground. 

The dead shrubbery outside my window crackle as I push it aside. I lightly jog past the front door as I head to the garage, and I grab my helmet and skateboard. 

I hear a shout. 

"Fucking bitch!" my father roars.

I take my phone out of my pocket, hands trembling. My face aches from the slap, and I can feel my eye beginning to swell.  I dial Peter's number, and wait until the third ring for him to pick up. 

"Fae?" It's the muffled sound of May's voice. "Peters in the shower right now, you want me to tell him something?"

Ah. Aunt May. The best person on this earth. I love her more than my actual mother, not that there's any competition.  

"Oh, hey Aunt May." My voice wobbles. "You mind if I crash over for a night? Family shit again."

I can feel the sympathy through the phone. 

"You know you don't have to ask anymore, Fae." says May. "You're welcome anytime."

"Thanks." I rasp, relieved. "You mind if I can come now?"

"That was the plan." She answers, and I can hear her rustling through the creaky kitchen cabinets. "We can have a family dinner! It won't be entirely home made, but I'll invite Ned and MJ."

"Thanks, I'll be over in 40 minutes." I go to hang up but May stops me. 

"You wanna talk about it?"

The line goes silent as I contemplate.