~Chapter 6~

I nodded.

He stood up and grabbed my hand.
I felt butterflies in my stomach.
He led me to a more private area of the bar.
He let go of my hand and let out a sigh before looking into my eyes.

"Hi"

"Hey"

"y/n, it's been so long"

"yeah" I said looking at the ground.

"hey" he said lifting my chin up to look back at him, "the song you wrote, that you sang beautifully, was that about-"

"you?" I said interrupting him. I laughed a little looking away before responding, "yeah".

It was silent for a few seconds and I looked back at him and he was just looking at me.

"y/n, you know I never stopped loving you, right?"

"really? I would never have thought that-"
"well it's true. You were the only thing I could think about, you would never leave my mind. And I was never really the same without you there, it was really tough on me".

"Really?" I raised an eyebrow in suspicion. "Are you being genuine right now?".
"Of course! Y/n I could never make this up,

I love you".

I looked into his eyes.

"R-really?"

"Yes, I've never stopped loving you since we were young".

"Draco I-

I love you too".

He smiled at me and then did something I had been dreaming about for the last three years.

He leaned in and kissed me.
And of course, I kissed back.

~Time skip 2 years later~

My life couldn't be better.
I am engaged to the love of my life, I have an amazing job and friends and most importantly, I'm happy.

Since the night I performed my song and talked to Draco for the first time in years, everything changed.

Draco and I started a new relationship and I couldn't say I've been happier. My life is filled with love and someone who I appreciate and treats me right and cares about me.

I couldn't stop thanking Audrey for that night, if it weren't for her I would never have written that song, performed it and talked to Draco.
She's going to be my maid honor for my wedding, and you already know she was all over that.

I was promoted in my job as well! Someone higher up was impressed with my work and skills and promoted me as one of the Minister of Magic's secretaries! I absolutely love it too!

The most important thing though, is that I'm genuinely happy for the first time in a long time in my life. Everything had finally come together for me, and I couldn't ask for anything more.

I mean, maybe it was meant to be for me to be a depressed love sick twenty one year old girl who wrote a dumb song to get her life back together, and make it better than one she could ever imagine for herself.

Thank Merlin for being 21.