we wonder through a foreign town

"Okay okay, stop or I'm gonna miss the flight.", I chuckled as I pushed my brother, who was currently bear hugging me in the middle of the airport, off of me. He tightened his grip on me, "I'm just gonna miss you. You are my baby sister, after all.". I smiled to myself, "It took me moving to another country for you to be nice to me huh.". He finally released me and laughed, "Call me when you land, okay? Be safe, I would say don't get kidnapped but you're ugly and annoying so no one would wanna kidnap you.", he said as he stuffed his hands in his jeans. "You think you are SO funny, don't you?", I said as I rolled my eyes.

We chuckled and he just looked at me. He suddenly hugged me and kissed my forehead, "I love you.", he said before smiling at me. I smiled back as he released me and I grabbed my bags, "I love you too, ugly.". I made my way to TSA and waved my brother goodbye.

-•-

I made it through TSA and made my way to the gate and there was a good amount of people considering I got here early. I looked for a seat and found an empty one next to a boy with... really dark eye bags...

"Hey, can I sit here?", I smiled down at him. He looked up from his laptop, startled at my sudden question, "Oh.. yeah. Go ahead.", he responded before going back to whatever he was doing. I placed my backpack down and sat next to the boy. Now would be a great time to download some episodes of JoJo's. I put on my AirPods and listened to music as my episodes downloaded and I responded to any messages.

In my peripheral vision, I caught a glimpse of the boy searching for something in his bag, seeming stressed. I took off my airpod. "No...no...", the boy mumbled to himself. I tapped him on the shoulder and he flinched. "I'm sorry I startled you, I was just wondering what you were looking for.", I smiled invitingly to the boy. He sighed, "I... I can't find my charger for my laptop... and I have this really important essay I need to turn in and I'm not even halfway done.". "Hey, I think I have the same laptop as you, you can borrow my charger if you'd like.", I said, trying to calm him down.

He smiled in relief, "I would... really appreciate that...", he said as he sat up. I opened up my backpack and searched for my charger and found it after a few seconds. I passed the boy the charger and he took it, plugging it into his laptop as I plugged it to the wall next to me. "Thank you...", he said in a low voice. "No problem,", I smiled to him, "hey, what's your name?", I asked him. He looked at me, "It's Yuta...". "I'm Y/n. It's nice to meet you.".

I've got time to kill, and he has a good 18 hours to finish his essay, plus the boy seems stressed out. "I'm gonna get some coffee, would you like some?", I asked him. He shook his head, "No no, it's okay! You've helped me a lot already.". "I insist, you look like you could use it.", I chuckled. A smile crept to his face, "Sure, why not?". With that we went to a nearby coffee stand and gave our orders.

"So Yuta, are you visiting or going home to Japan?", I asked him as we sat on the stools and he slouched on the table. "Well, I'm going back home... I came here on an exchange program.", he responded. "I've been gone for a semester, but my girlfriend and my friends at school have been acting like I've gone for a year.", he smiled to himself. I smiled, "They must really miss you.". "Yeah, I miss them too. Rika, my girlfriend, texts me constantly.", the boy chuckled. "And my school is pretty small too so we're really like family.", he responded. Hm. "You know, the school I'm going to teach in is also pretty small.", I said. He looked at me, curiously, "What school are you going to teach at?", he asked me.

"I'm going to teach English in Jujustu Technological High School, it's pretty small but it's for some really smart kids, I'm really excited.", I said. His eyes widen, "You're serious???", he asked me with a shocked look on his face. I laughed, "Is that your school?", I asked him. "YEAH!", he laughed, lowering his voice as I shushed him, and we both chuckled. "What a coincidence, the world really is so small.", I commented. "Your coffees.", the barista said as he placed the drinks in front of us. I thanked the man, and Yuta and I made our way back to our seats.