Chapter 36: Faded memories

Start from the beginning

Those ocean eyes opened, taking me in, noting the way we were pressed tightly against each other. Yet, the urgency of the situation kept his mind off other matters, until the next words fell from my lips. "Kiss me." I blatantly ordered.

"Lyanna, this is hardly the time or place, -" His voice was gruff as his eyebrows knotted together but I couldn't provide him with enough time to think of the real reason I asked. Time was pressing. So, I cut him off by pulling him down further and connecting his lips with mine.

For a moment we both had to process exactly what was happening. My heart seemed to stop beating all together as my muscles tensed and my stomach fluttered, breath stocking in my throat when I finally felt those plump lips against mine. But when his fingers travelled over my neck and to the back of my head to pull me closer, I practically melted in his arms and into the kiss.

Maybe he'd realized what I had planned. Or maybe, he didn't care about anything anymore except us and the way every single part of us that was touching was burning with a raging desire. I wasn't sure either, not when he pressed me harder against the wall as his other hand went down to my leg, going beneath the fabric through the slit and hoisting it up along his waist, making me let out an involuntary groan against his mouth.

With the slight parting of my lips he took advantage, slipping his tongue past my lips and deepening the kiss. Instantly my senses were flooded with the smell of pine and mint, the rough scratch of his beard on my skin and the coarseness of his fingers along my thighs. Gods, I... My entire body practically trembled at the sensation as my fingers tangled either in his silken auburn locks or into his black suit.

Even Obi Wan seemed to lose himself into it, letting out a soft groan as his hand ventured up - up over the skin of my thigh, hoisting the dress along with it. Then, his other hand descended to my back, palm splayed on the bare skin there as he bend me over his arm and against the wall, our lower bodies now pressed together, so tight I could feel him.

The mere passion with which he kissed me, the impatience and pure need it... it made me realize how long it had been. How long we'd been avoiding each other and hiding every damned feeling we still harboured for one another. Months, months without this, filled with fights and rage, and the first time we finally could kiss we were in a random alcove where guards could -

Oh.

"Hey! You two!" The sound of guns being cocked spiked our attention.

For a moment he stilled, his lips still slanted over mine before he slowly drew back and connected our eyes. It forced the last bit of air from my lungs, the little amount that was left after that devastating kiss, at least.

I practically got lost into those blue eyes before I snapped back to reality when I glanced to the guard now aiming at us. "What in the blazes are you two doing here?!"

They didn't know, then. "Oh, hi!" I didn't even need to act out the sudden drunken feeling, having just been drunk on - No, stop, concentrate. "I'm so sorry, I just..." The words were slurred as my hands ventured up and down Obi Wan's chest. He still hadn't moved even an inch, and the hand that was dangerously close to the inside of my thighs was slightly clenching with anxiety. "This is so embarrassing; we were looking for the bathroom and well..."

Obi Wan caught onto my plan and stepped back slowly as he coughed awkwardly, allowing me to regain my balance. I faked another stumble, drawing my hand through my now ruined hair and trying to rearrange the locks that Dryden had pulled out during the fight. Obi Wan followed my ministrations, trying to smooth out the wrinkles in his perfect suit. But to the guards, the perpetrators seemed someone else entirely.