She treated me like how a mother treats her son. I feel ashame of myself for behaving like that towards her. The more i stayed in this room the more depressed i became. I felt suffocated. I want to breath. I left the room hastily and went towards the terrace to breath the fresh air. I opened the terrace door and went inside but I stopped in my track when I saw my dad and Varun's mom sitting on the sofa. Her head is placed on my dad's shoulder where as he wrapped his arm around her shoulder. Their back is facing towards me so that they don't know that I am standing there. I stood rooted in my place. 

Author's Pov

"Subash, we should consider Dev and Aasha's marriage" Meghna said in her soft voice.

"Now he is dealing with Atharv Kasyab's matter. I will talk to him about the marriage when he solve this problem" Subash said kissing her hair.

"Subash, did you see that Dev is not that much harsh with me. I think he will soon accept me" she said with a bright smile. Subash smiled sadly looking at her smiling face.

"Megu, can you please give up trying to get close with Dev? He will never accepts you. His behaviour is less harsh towards you. Because of Aasha. He wants to give a perfect happy family to Aasha. That's it. So don't keep your hopes high. You will only get hurt in the end. And i hate to see you get hurt. Do you hear me?" he said cupping her face. She jerked his hand away.

"Can you please stop saying such things to me? I am happy that Dev is not that much cold towards me. So don't spoil my happiness" she said wiping her tears.

"Megu, please don't cry. Okay I won't say such things to you anymore" he said kissing her forehead lovingly. She buried her face in his chest while sniffling. He patted her back to comfort her 

"I know that he will never accept me. But i won't give up" she said looking up at him. He sighed.

"Okay don't give up then. Now tell me why you didn't prepared my favourite food for dinner, ha?" he asked her sternly.

"I prepared your's and Varun's favourite food for lunch. So for dinner i prepared Dev's favourite food" she said looking at him.

"But he left with Aasha for a dinner date. So all your efforts gone waste" he said with a chuckle.

"Whats with you today, ha? Why are you teasing me now? I didn't no that he is going out with Aasha" she said with a shrug.

"I am just saying" he said pinching her cheek. She slapped his hand.

"Did you tell about me to Aasha?" she asked him.

"Hmmm. She deserves to know. Don't you think so?" he asked her.

"But what if Aasha say about this all to Dev? It will create problems in between their relationship. So I will ask Aasha tomorrow to not to mention any of this matter to Dev" she said with a frown.

"Aasha is a mature girl. She know what to do and what to not. That's what I like about her. She don't take any decision hastily. She know very well how to handle the situations. She know how to judge a person. She is a very caring and loving girl. My son really did a good job in choosing her as his life partner. I am proud of my son" he said with a proud.

"He is also my son, okay? Stop saying your son… your son…" she snapped at him. He chuckled at her.

"Yeah yeah. He is your son also. Now happy?" he asked which she smiled in return.

"Show this old man some love and care instead on your so called son who don't even see your efforts" he said kissing her both cheeks. She frowned at him.