Author Note

02/01/2022

A note from Dreamofshadows:

Hi,

This is a story based on a tumblr prompt (so if you already know to which post I'm referring, please refrain from spoiling the plot for others, please and thank you :P) but it originally started as something too complex UNTIL I happened to mention it to StanThinMints who had her own far more simpler (and fluffier) story idea for the same prompt. It inspired me to actually write it down with some embellishments of my own.

It was supposed to be a (long) oneshot, but yeahhhhhhhh no. I just had to explore the story more and been writing like crazy these past two weeks but I enjoyed it :)

Consider this an amalgamation and collaboration of ideas, and you have StanThinMints to thank because otherwise this story would have gone on a very angsty tangent :V 

I will post my original few paragraphs at the end of this story as well, if you feel like checking it out, though there's no angst in them.

The story takes place vaguely in the past, in a fictional historical setting with just a sprinkle of fantasy in there.

Anyway, thank you to StanThinMints  for working on this story with me and I hope you all enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it!

MMC

A note from StanThinMints:

I think it's funny how easily ideas can come, but how hard it can sometimes be to get them down. But that's where Dreams come in ;) kidding, but not really.

When we both saw the AU inspiring post, it sparked each of our imaginations for a story. Now...our ideas were quite opposite from each other's but I found it very sweet that Dream's liked mine enough to scrap some of her ideas and went to write mine down, with the addition of of some of hers. Which were phenomenal if I do say so myself.

This was a kind of a first collaboration for us and I would love to dive into some more in the future! Thank you so much for writing this Dreamofshadows and thank you to the readers for checking it out!

—your friendly neighbourhood ThinMint