"Welcome back, sir." Flug greeted with an audible smile in his voice.

Blackhat grinds at the scientist and brings up his hand to shoot him, but immediately realizes the device isn't in his hand anymore. He patted himself down for it. He could have sworn it was right- Demencia had it in her hand; looking at it curiously. The device was sparking a little and she was aiming it at her face.

Blackhat ripped it from her hands making her whine. "What did you do!" He grumbled as he checked the thing over.

There was a dent in the side next to the container of chemical mix that left a small hole where the wires showed. If she broke the damn thing Flug would have to fix it and Blackhat didn't want to wait. He wanted his furry companion NOW.

Flug stood up from his seat to look at it. "It looks like a wire might have been damaged, sir," Flug observed. "It should still be able to work but-" Before Flug could finish his sentence, Blackhat had already gripped Flug's nape and shot him; causing blue glittery smoke to puff out where Flug stood.

Blackhat was too eager, too stressed, and he would only admit it to himself, feeling clingy. To make up for lost time Flug will stay a cat for a month and a half. For a second, Blackhat was joyous and wanted to see his sweet, tiny companion; waiting for the sound of clothes falling to the floor and the weight to shift in his gloved hand. But it didn't come. And as the smoke cleared he realized why.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Flug was holding his bagged head, he felt a little dizzy, and his vision was blurry for a moment. It wasn't the same disorienting feeling he was used to when he changed. Suddenly all his senses were almost painfully sensitive to everything around him. He could hear both Blackhat and Demencia gasp which sounded too close, the white light in the room was too bright, and his sense of smell could pick up the two's cents; one of sulfur and roses, the other of death masked with a concerning amount of perfume.

Flug recovered somewhat quickly and made eye contact with Demencia first. She seemed surprised at first but then turned her head to pout. Blinking a couple of times he looked to Blackhat, who was frozen, face unreadable. Flug felt weird, and the two's reactions made him nervous. He shrank a little under his boss' gaze.

"Wh-what is it?" Flug asked.

Blackhat seemed to snap out of it at the sound of his voice and let go of his neck. Demencia was grumbling on the floor and glared at him. Flug felt something touch his leg. Looking down he saw the tip of a familiar skinny, short hair tail curling around his leg; though at his surprise seeing it, it spiked up. Flug turned to look behind himself to see the rest of his long brown tail, spiking up at his surprise.

Flug turned to run to a table for the closest reflective surface, which was a sink faucet head. He looked at himself and saw the brown triangle ears atop his head, folding down against his head in his shock. Even his pupils looked different; more pointed and oval in shape. Flug didn't realize his breathing had picked up until it stopped at the feeling of something grabbing his tail.

Slowly, he turned his head to look at the culprit. Blackhat was observing the spiked tail and enjoyed seeing the hairs slowly smooth themselves out. With a humm, Blackhat faced Flug and reached for his ears gently rubbing them between his fingers. It felt nice, Blackhat did that sometimes when Flug sat on His lap, and it calmed him; letting himself enjoy the missed sensation of his master.

Demencia broke the silence. "Flug! Why do you get to do the cute things? It's not fair! I want to be cuddled by Blackhat too!" She whined, stomping her foot in anger.

Flug pulled away from Blackhat, being reminded of why he was panicking before, and stepped closer to the lizard girl. "This wasn't on purpose, Demencia! This is bad! I'm a fusion of a cat and a human!" Flug stressed.