Four

The team and I stayed at a hotel, a very luxurious one at that. I haven't figured out what our next move was so I decided to get ready and go find Agent Hartley, I'm his partner...kinda so he has to tell me everything about this investigation. It's the law or something like that. I make my way down that steps and I see him sitting at the bar. 

"Hey'a Chief," I grin sitting next to him. 

He groaned in annoyance and turned to me, "What do you want?" 

"A raise," I joked making him roll his eyes, "I want to know what our next move is," 

He sighed as the bartender poured his drink, "Go our separate ways, Booth is captured so we don't have any obligations to stay here, the investigation is over." 

"But what if he escapes? Shouldn't we keep a keen eye on him?" I questioned.

"Have you no faith in justice?" He asked raising a brow.

Before I could retort inspector Das came beside us with a duffle bag, I'm guessing it was holding the egg. She looked to me then down to my gun signaling I'll need it. I gave her a look of understanding and she spoke, "You leaving town?" 

"Flights in an hour," He said tapping the boarding pass, "Something up?"

She nodded and diverted her glare for a moment, "You could say that, hmm."

"What's going on?" I asked before Hartley could.

She chuckled and looks at him, "Funny I was going to ask him the same thing," She unzipped the duffle bag and pulled out the egg gently placing it in one of her hands like a waiter does with a platter.

"What are you doing with that?" The Agent asked.

"Oh? This...priceless piece of ancient cultural whatnot?" She fake gasped and she let it slip from her hands, she mocked a surprised expression and widened her eyes, "Oops!" 

Hartley looked confused then turned back to her, "Booth gave us a fake egg?"

"Yeah, I'll admit Booth was my first thought too, then I asked myself 'How well do you really know someone you only met 72 hours ago?'" She paused, "And someone whose official credentials came solely from a written interagency communique? So I called up the assistant Director of The BAU at Quantico, really nice lady," She smiled, "She'd never heard of you."

"Okay, that's impossible." Hartley defended.

"Is it?" Das creased her eyebrows.

"Yes, It's impossible." 

"As impossible as a John Hartley with a Swiss bank account that received an8 million dollar wire transfer from an encrypted third party the same day the egg was stolen?" Das said.

Oh shit...

"Quite a coincidence wouldn't you say, Agent?" Das teasingly asks already having her answer.

Without warning officers come out with guns pointed in my direction, I hold my hands up and stand beside Das, "Alright Das, listen, whatever you think this is, whatever you think I did, I didn't do. Someone's behind this, The Bishop, maybe even Booth himself. I'm being set up." 

"Maybe you are, maybe you aren't but until I figure it out, I'm going to keep you where I find you. Now normally I'm not a vindictive person, but, well, I trusted you and you hurt my feelings. So, I picked someplace extra special." She grinned, "It's bit of a black site, Kind of the land due process forgot." She nudged me with her shoulder and I grabbed out my gun pointing it at him.

"You're under arrest, Cheif, sorry..." I mocked a hurt expression with sympathy, which I most definitely was not feeling.

"Das! Look at me! Look at my eyes," They stared at each other a moment, "I didn't do this."

She stepped closer and smiled shaking her head, "I don't believe you."

The officers came behind him and I put away my gun, Das and I walked side by side as we ushered HArtley out of the hotel with officers following behind us. I couldn't help but feel a little bad for the woman, she looked hurt by the fact of all of this. I sure wasn't but I copied her expression down to the frown even. I had a feeling something bad was going to happen something crazy, but I never follow these feelings much anymore with my line of work, it's better not to at times. 

We reached the traveling cars and I slid in the back of one with Das, "I'm sorry about...that." I said slowly.

She nodded and gave a forced smile, "It's quite alright, I have to apologize as well, he wasn't the only one I checked over." 

"Ah," I chuckled dryly, "Find anything interesting?" 

She shrugged, "Your line of work seems pretty interesting."

I huffed out a breath and shook my head, "Trust me it isn't, I have to do things that no one should do, I risk my life rather than living it."

She raised a brow and had a sympathetic expression, "So why keep doing it? This job I mean."

I sighed and gave a small smile, "Would you believe me if I said it was for the money?" She shook her head and chuckled, "Me either." 

~~~~~

Next chapter there is going to be a lot more talking on your behalf, and it's going to get more in-depth with the story behind you and Nolan, as well as following the movie's of course!