More than they let on

Start from the beginning

Your shoulders relax and a sigh escapes your lips. You continue to pat Itadori's back while you speak up. "I know Ita..." Your lips close before you part them again after sorting out your thoughts. This isn't the time to blame him when he knows how much he's fucked up.

"You're just being yourself Ita. When you see someone helpless and in need, your mind tends to shut off. It's courageous and idiotic all at once. But, you saved the girl, didn't you? And luckily I made it out too. Let's just not test fate again. Next time things might not go so well like tonight." You slowly pull yourself out of Itadori's grasp to stare at his face.

The boy in front of you tries his best to wipe his tears. His nose is runny and you're sure the tip of his nose is red. You reach up to wipe a few loose tears away from Itadori's cheek. The corner of your lips curl into a smile when you gaze at him. "I'm glad to see you're okay Ita."

"Idiot, I wasn't put in that much danger." Itadori grumbles out while wiping his nose with the back of his left hand. You shake your head to deny his retort. A dry giggle escapes your lips when you speak up again.

"I'm sure you dodged an attack from those three earlier. Especially from Inumaki and Okkotsu. Those two are going to lecture us from hell and back tomorrow. We should brace ourselves until then." You turn to look where the three originally were. They've already disappeared from the park.

Itadori scoffs and reaches for your wrist. "Those two can't scare me. Anyway, let's head home before your parents worry." Itadori seems to cheer up slightly when he pulls you along. Your eyes lower to his hand that tightly grips around your wrist.

If Inumaki and Okkotsu didn't show up tonight, Itadori may have walked home alone. You have to properly thank those two tomorrow.

*・゜゚・*:.。..。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

"Uh...what are these two doing?" Panda is eating a bag of chips when Maki calls him out of his dorm room. The Sunday morning is already starting off in an entertaining matter. Two of Okkotsu's and Inumaki's friends have dropped by. The moment they arrived, the two quickly got on their knees in a formal deep bow.

Maki shrugs with her arms crossed as she leans her back against one of the wooden pillars of the traditional Japanese architecture building. She watches them from a distance while Inumaki desperately tries to get the two to stand up. "Salmon roe. Salmon roe." Inumaki profusely tries to grab the two's attention.

Panda looks around to not find Okkotsu. "Where is Yuta? He's missing this show." Panda chuckles before shoveling more chips into his mouth. Maki looks towards the building behind her.

"He went to tell the seniors we have guests today. He should be out shortly." She returns her eyes on the two guests who refuse to get up from their spot. She silently finds this situation entertaining but she won't verbally voice it aloud. The sound of the door opening catches Panda's and Maki's attention.

Okkotsu steps out with a heavy sigh and a ruffle to his hair. "I hate talking to the seniors...they talk too much." Okkotsu crinkles his nose as he speaks to himself. He raises his eyes up to make contact with Maki and Panda. Panda wears a bright smile before he points a finger across from him.

"Your friends are here Yuta. Toge can't seem to get them up." Panda snickers. Okkotsu raises a brow. Can't get them up? What is Panda rambling about? Okkotsu walks further out towards the courtyard. He watches Inumaki frantically tug Itadori before carefully tapping Y/L/N on the shoulder.

The sight before Okkotsu makes him sigh deeply and his eyes naturally close on their own. These two are always doing the weirdest things when they're together. He's unsure if this is Itadori's idea or Y/L/N's. Silently, Okkotsu walks over to help Inumaki. Okkotsu refrains from wanting to step on the two for being idiots.